I fully intended to be on top of it and get Eli's 10 month update out on time, but somehow, time completely got away from me, yet again (I wrote this last week, but somehow it didn't post, weird!)! Eli is busy, busy, busy these days and it seems like I'm always chasing him around because he's into everything. He won't hold still for a second! It feels like it magically started the day he turned 10 months. Man, I should have appreciated his limited mobility before then! I don't feel like he is a baby at all anymore. He is quickly approaching toddlerhood, that is for sure. He is also down to 2 naps, so I am somewhat limited in my productive time. Although, really, what's more productive than spending time with my sweet little boy?
It's been quite a month! I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how big my little boy is getting! We are mere weeks away from his first birthday. I am in disbelief that that much time has gone by since we brought him home for the first time. He amazes me with how much he has learned and how much personality he has. He brings so much joy and laughter to our lives, and I can barely remember what our life was like before we had him.
At 10 months, Eli is about 20 pounds and seems to be growing longer every day! He's in mostly 9 month clothes, except for PJs, as he was just too long for most of the 9 month size. Thankfully, we have plenty of 12 month!
He finally sprouted two teeth this month, one right after the other:
Showing off his pearly whites
His two front teeth
To say he is mobile would be an understatement. He is a total pro at crawling and zooms around at breakneck speeds:
As a result, he often gets himself into interesting situations:
Hanging from the table
Between the glider and ottoman
Thankfully, he has figured out how to successfully go from standing to sitting or crawling, which is good for Mommy's blood pressure, ha ha. He likes to hang on with one hand
Bending and grabbing
Checking things out
He also stands on his own every once in awhile, usually when he's distracted:
And is starting to learn how to fall onto his booty:
He has also started to turn the pages on books, which is a pretty fun new trick. He also started saying "dog" and "doggie". I think he might like his puppies a little bit:
As far as new foods this month, he tried green beans, apricots, mac & cheese, plums and grapes. He pretty much hated plums and grapes, but otherwise, he was a fan of the rest. He has also started doing some fun new faces:
Someone is excited
He absolutely loves being outside and has recently discovered windows:
Hello cows
Playing outside
Enjoying (or snoozing through) a hike
In the backyard
Some of the other highlights of this month included Eli's first Valentine's Day:
Ice cream date
Eli's First Valentine's Day
We also had some fun visitors this month! My oldest sister, Hillary and niece, K came to visit! I stole most of these pictures from my sister's blog, and there are many more where that came from! You should check it out for the pictures, and also because it is an absolutely amazing, and inspiring blog. We obviously had a fabulous time, if you couldn't tell!
Cousins!
Getting some love
Nick & K
Watching some Muppets
Trying on Uncle Nick's helmet
Aunt Hilly & Eli
Love this picture!
Had to get a picture together
Hopefully Eli's 11 month update (eek, so soon!) will be somewhat on time. For now, I leave you with his "official" 10 month pictures. My, what a cute boy I have:
I guess the chair is a fixture in our monthly pictures now
Ooo, what's that?
Happy boy
Acting shy
Big smile
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Sweet hugs!
Big boy










No comments:
Post a Comment