Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good Times

I wish I had brought the cord for my camera because we've taken a bunch of great pictures on our trip so far. Oh well, I guess my blog will be bombarded with them when we get home.

We've been having a great time up at Nick's parent's house in Central Cal. Thanksgiving was totally awesome and I am still recovering. Nick and I literally passed out on the couch due to all the delicious turkey. Mmm, Thanksgiving!

We've done a lot of nothing, which is a nice break from life. Our In-n-Out Burger count is up to 4. We're hoping to beat our record from last year of 5 times, which shouldn't be too hard. But California is amazing. We went into town the other night and watched the lighting ceremony, which was a great small town Americana experience. Ah, Christmas! Although we've been listening to Christmas music since pretty much the beginning of November (because of our celebration a few weeks ago), its really starting to feel like Christmas now.

We also went to a Cal Poly football game last night which was sooo much fun (even though they lost)! It made me want to go back to school again, preferably to a school with a football team. But, we'll get there eventually, especially if Nick ends up going to Grad School and hopefully then teaches at West Point. Then we'll definitely get to enjoy some good ol' college football.

We have a big list of potential stuff to do for the rest of our time here. Some of the highlights are wine tasting, seeing a movie, celebrating our 1.5 year anniversary (in place of our 2 year), Nick's birthday & Christmas, since Nick will be gone for them. We're having a great time obviously! I just wish our puppies were here. I really miss them and its going to be torture to board them for another 3 weeks for Christmas.

I felt my blog needed a makeover (you'll have to check it out if you receive my blog by E-mail) and I definitely had to add a picture of the pups even though it made me miss them more. I thought I'd go a little more California and I also really liked the pictures on my friend D.A.R.'s blog, so I had to steal that idea. I'm going to take the creative kick and hopefully start working on our Christmas card. I can't quite kill my desire to be productive. Don't worry though, I'm not working too hard!


1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Looovveee it! That is really really cute! Glad you are having a good time at home!