On Monday we reached our In-n-Out Burger record from last year and have now been 5 times on this trip! We also got to have a fun snack and movie night. On Tuesday, we went and saw Marlee (one of Nick's sisters) graduate from DARE. That night, we celebrated our 1.5 year anniversary (since Nick will be gone for our 2 year) at the hotel where we got married in Pismo Beach :) It was kind of weird being in the restaurant where we had our reception, but it was pretty cool too. I had some delicious seafood which we don't get too much of in Texas. And then we walked on the beach and just enjoyed being on a date. We ate around sunset too, so we got some pretty sweet pictures.
Yesterday we hung out in a local town called Cambria and went to a beach overlooking Hearst Castle. It was absolutely gorgeous. Then we went wine tasting (a must in Central California), which was tons of fun. I'm thinking I might have to splurge a little on wine when Nick is gone because the wine we had last night didn't even compare to the $6 wine I usually get from the grocery store. Mmmmmm. Finally, we went to Nick's sisters' 4-H meeting because they're going to be sending stuff to Nick's platoon while they're deployed.
Like I said before, the fact that we're going home soon is kind of looming over me. And then of course, its not too much longer before Nick actually leaves. I'm trying not to focus too much on it, but at the same time, its hard not to. And I'm trying to make the most of our time left together, so the fact that he's leaving has to at least be in the back of my mind. So its kind of a catch-22. I'm still kind of in denial about the whole thing, but am definitely aware of the approximate week before he leaves. Good times.
I can't say I really want to go back home and have Nick leave, but I definitely miss the dogs and I even kind of miss my crazy job. One of my friends is subbing for me, so I know "my kids" are taken care of, but its weird to not be at work. This has definitely been a nice, long overdue, relaxing vacation though. And I get another one in two weeks, wow!
Definitely excited for the Army/Navy football game on Saturday! GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
No comments:
Post a Comment