The packers came on Tuesday and Wednesday and were just alright. They only managed to mistakenly pack one thing we really needed (the bolts to keep our washer from moving- luckily we were able to find those), but randomly left a lot of stuff all over the house. Luckily, most of it ended up getting packed in the end, but it was annoying to find lots stuff here and there that really should have been packed.
It was also really weird realizing what you need/want when all of your stuff is packed (potholders, a teapot, etc). Guess we'll be pros next time around though, which will be way too soon, let me tell you! Here are some shots of how our house looked last night:
But now, our house is very empty, except for all the stuff we will be moving ourselves. It's weird though, I feel like our house is smaller without all our stuff. Like, our Master Bedroom seems tiny! Isn't it usually the other way around? Isn't your house supposed to look smaller with stuff in it?
I'm glad the major moving chaos is overwith and our stuff is on the way, although I really wish it was going to take less than a week (fingers crossed it'll be sooner). Crazy that we'll be in a whole new place next week. I can't say I'm terribly excited to unpack & get re-organized, but I'm ready to be settled again. For now, we're scrubbing the house down and blowing up the air mattress. Monday (when we leave) can't get here soon enough!
I'm glad the major moving chaos is overwith and our stuff is on the way, although I really wish it was going to take less than a week (fingers crossed it'll be sooner). Crazy that we'll be in a whole new place next week. I can't say I'm terribly excited to unpack & get re-organized, but I'm ready to be settled again. For now, we're scrubbing the house down and blowing up the air mattress. Monday (when we leave) can't get here soon enough!
3 comments:
Good luck! I hope your stuff gets there super fast! It couldn't possibly be as slow as it was for us to get our stuff here. UGH!
YAY! :) Can't wait for you to get here!
Good luck with the move!! I am seriously jealous that you will get your stuff so quick. We will be waiting at least 2 months!!!
Post a Comment