Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Having a Newborn

Hallelujah, my internet is working again! It was totally out for the past 4 days. Annoying!

Add to that having a newborn, and there is very little time for blogging. It's amazing what happens when your life runs on 2-3 hour blocks between feedings. It's a miracle if I get anything productive done all day. Although I'd say snuggles and naps can be pretty productive!

But ya, nothing all that exciting going on other than trying to get into a routine. Thankfully, Eli's jaundice is completely gone, which means we don't have to go to the doctor until his 2 month checkup! It's a good thing we live so close because I feel like we were there every other day to get his levels checked. He is gaining weight like a champ (should be about 7 pounds now), and is an awesome sleeper. I usually have to wake him up to sleep, although he has his fussy moments, usually when I realllllly want to sleep, ha ha. He's also started taking a bottle once a day, which is nice because Nick can feed him & I get a little break.

My parents were able to come out and visit for about a week and were so incredibly helpful. I don't think my house has ever been so clean! And they got lots of pictures of and with Eli. I think they like him just a little bit! Nick's family is coming out in a couple weeks and we're so excited for them to meet the little man.

Eli also had his first trip to church, appropriately, on Mother's Day. He did awesome and slept the majority of the service. It was a great Mother's Day though with webcamming with family, doughnuts for breakfast, and a nice long nap.

We're still trying to figure out who the little man looks more like. Most people say he has his daddy's eyes, and looks like me. Here's a newborn picture of me compared to one of Eli:

Courtney (left) and Eli (right)

What do you think? My parents actually sent a picture of my sister when she was a newborn & the resemblance is uncanny! I'll have to get a picture of Nick as a newborn too.

I'll try to get on here again soon and put some more pictures up of my little stinkbug -he got that nickname after pooping repeatedly in his diaper right after we change him!


No comments: