Monday, June 20, 2011

Hit By a Truck

Wednesday morning at about 2:30am, I woke up to feed Eli and felt like I had been run over by a truck. Thankfully, he went right back to sleep after I fed him and I was able to get some sleep for a few hours.

Then, I fed him again a few hours later and just couldn't quite get back to sleep because my whole body was aching. Let me tell you, there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to sleep when your baby is asleep. I just tossed and turned in an attempt to get comfortable, all to no avail. 

Eli ended up finally waking up for the day around 8 (so late for him!), and by that point I didn't even feel like I could get out of bed I felt so horrible. Thankfully, Nick was able to call in to work and didn't even have to go check in. So he provided invaluable help with changing Eli and taking care of the both of us. Eli was also on his absolute best behavior that day (wish I could still say that, ha ha), which is nothing short of miracle with a 7 week old!  

Also, thankfully, the doctor's office had an appointment a few hours later, so I could get checked out. They ended up diagnosing me with a clogged milk duct and an infection (probably mastitis) and were able to get me on antibiotics and pain meds right away that are ok to take while nursing. Once I started taking those, it was like night and day. I'm definitely still not 100% healthy, but during parts of the day, I almost feel normal again.

I'm pretty sure it all came about because I wore a sports bra that was too tight. Definitely not making that mistake again! I'm just so glad I was able to get in to the doctor early and that Nick was still here to help out. As much as I wish I wasn't sick right before he heads out to Ranger School, I don't know how I would do it without him. I mean, I didn't even feel like I could drive myself to the doctor!

But, like I said, I'm on the mend again, thank goodness! I'm feeling better and better everyday.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
Psalm 103:3-4

Sent from Court's iPhone

No comments: