Monday, June 13, 2011

Update

Wow, my life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately. Unfortunately, that has meant severe neglect to this blog. When I only have a few minutes to spare during daylight hours (night=exhaustion), the first thing to take the backseat is blogging.

Let's see...where to begin....sorry if this is a little scatterbrained and all over the place, but that's kind of how my brain is working right now. Especially since Eli has been going through a growth spurt on and off for the past couple of weeks and sleep has been very much affected. For one 24 hour period, he proceeded to eat every 2 hours! Seriously. Ya, it took awhile to recover from that one. Thank goodness Nick was home so I could get a break here and there because it was pretty exhausting! We've noticed in the past couple of days that Eli's clothes are definitely starting to show the strain from all that eating. We have officially retired a bunch of his newborn clothes, which I totally can't believe, even though I know he's 7 weeks old. He's still a 6 pound baby in my head though, apparently. I keep thinking most of the 0-3 month clothes are still waaay too big, but tonight he wore some PJs that looked enormous, yet fit him perfectly. The real problem is he isn't quite wide enough for most of the clothes. I'm antsy to see how much he weighs, but I have to wait for his 2 month checkup next week. Anyway, onto the update:

- Nick's dad (Big Daddy) came to visit a couple of weekends ago to meet Eli. He got tons of quality snuggle time with Eli, which they both thoroughly enjoyed:

Eli & Big Daddy bonding

For awhile, we weren't sure when Big Daddy was going to be able to come visit, so it was awesome that it worked out for him to come! I think he may have secretly planned to come alone all along, so he didn't have to wrestle Eli away from his Nonnie.

- I started the Couch to 5K running program and have completed one week of workouts as of today! I think the hardest thing is getting going in the morning before it gets too hot here. But otherwise, it seems to be suiting me perfectly! As soon as my asthma starts acting up, it's time to slow down and start walking. And my pace definitely improved- on the first day I did 1.75 miles in 31 minutes at a 17 minute/mile pace and today I did 2.02 miles in 31 minutes at a 15 minute/mile pace. And I even surprised myself in that the 60 second running intervals seemed short. This next week, the intervals will increase to 90 seconds of running & 2 minutes of walking, so hopefully I'm ready.

- Nick's training (Ranger School) seems to be sneaking up on us. It's only 2 weeks away and we're pretty much dreading it. It's 2 whole months (hopefully not more) of separation and very little contact. We've all gotten very used to having Nick around with all of his time off. He's been so helpful (he feeds Eli every night at 11pm so I can get some extra sleep!) and excited to hang out with Eli, so this is definitely going to be a big shock. I know I'm capable of handling Eli by myself, but he still likes to throw me for a loop some days when he has his cranky pants on. It's just a little intimidating that it'll all be on me for 2 whole months. But, it is what it is, and I know God will get us through it. And thankfully, we have a lot to look forward to after Ranger School. I forgot to mention in my anniversary post that we're going to treat ourselves to a couple's massage as our anniversary present to each other and to celebrate the end of Ranger School. And we'll probably be starting preparations to move shortly thereafter, which is mostly exciting and only a little bit stressful.


No comments: