That's right, I am FINALLY putting pictures up from Eli's 5 month "birthday" -only almost 3 weeks late! I really did try to do this like 5 times, but I had some major issues with my internet browser that made it pretty much impossible.
I'm going to have to write another one of these again soon for his 6 month "birthday". He is getting so big so stinking fast and it seems like he can't stand still for a second!
It's been a big month for Eli! He has totally mastered sitting up, for one thing:




I'm going to have to write another one of these again soon for his 6 month "birthday". He is getting so big so stinking fast and it seems like he can't stand still for a second!
It's been a big month for Eli! He has totally mastered sitting up, for one thing:
Our big sitting boy
Although, he'd much rather be standing:
And, he has now started stepping his feet forwards! Yup, we're in big trouble. We're predicting he'll be walking by Christmas, especially if he's able to pull himself up by then.
He's still working on crawling, but still loves to be on his tummy and is starting to get the mechanics of it all. He's getting pretty good at turning, and he can scoot around a little bit, especially if he has something to push off of with his feet. But he tends to get frustrated that he's not moving quicker.
He also LOVES to laugh and finds the words "nakie baby" and "buoy" really funny, for some reason. He has the cutest belly laugh that always puts a smile on my face.
He's also started recognizing his name...although I think he thinks his name might be "baby" as well as Eli, ha ha.
He also discovered his feet this month, and they have made their way into his mouth on more than one occasion:

Fascinated by his adorable feet (picture by my friend Michelle, more to come soon!)
He's also absolutely entranced by food and will watch every single bite that goes into your mouth. I'm holding out on introducing solids just a little bit longer though until we're done with our move. I think he'll be pretty eager to eat by then.
In the meantime, he's content to put everything he can get his hands on into his mouth. Which made his 5 month photoshoot a little difficult. That poor "5 month" sign got pretty mangled:
I don't think I've ever had this difficult of a time getting his attention for pictures. There is just so much fun stuff to discover and get distracted by! Here are some more of the pictures:
Distracted by the sign
Distracted by his shirt
Distracted by his toys
Distracted by Daddy
Finally, I got a little eye contact and some smiles!
My favorite one this month
Another highlight of the month was our trip home to California (more on that soon!), which included his first plane ride! He actually did really well on the plane and mostly slept on me:
Sweet baby boy
He also slept through the night for the first time ever on our first night in California. He has yet to do it since, but it was still a nice surprise! And, he went swimming in a pool for the first time and absolutely LOVED the water! Not terribly surprising, considering how much he loves the bathtub, but he was a natural! He was kicking his feet like crazy and just loving every second. I think we are going to check out a parent & child swim class.
Our little water baby
We're curious to see what will develop next. We're thinking it'll either be a tooth popping through (which would be nice for all of us), his first word (he loves to babble) or rolling over back to front (he's sooo close!). He has so much personality and is so much fun to be around right now. I'm loving this age!


1 comment:
So glad to get your blog entry today.I really enjoyed all the photos!! I was just thinking about you, Nick & of course Eli this morning and wondering what new things/tricks Eli was doing. What a little character he is! Thanks for sharing. It is a fun age with more to come!! Enjoy!
XOXO,
Mom
Post a Comment