Tuesday, November 22, 2011

7 Months Old!

Yes, I know, I am a horrible blogger! Blogging has dropped to the absolute bottom of my to-do list (which I finally actually wrote out yesterday). Lately, there have just been a million more things that need to get done, especially with the holidays approaching. It has taken me 2 days to get this post done. Seriously.

But anyway, back to the point, my little man is 7 months old! I absolutely can't believe that much time has passed since he was born. He does not seem like a baby anymore at all. He is such a big, crazy, adventurous kid who reacts to everything, especially things being taken away from him. Here are the "official" 7 month photos:



Ooo, that sign looks delicious!

I'll take this!

Oo yum, paper!
Huh?
I love that toothless grin

 Jabbering away

Loving me singing to him 

Wait, I know that song! 



Ooo, are you going to feed me now?

He's doing a lot of fun stuff nowadays. We're working on high fives and waving. We are also fully into eating solid foods and he has now had rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, butternut squash, pears, tofu, black beans, avocado and squash. He liked all of them alright, but is pretty much obsessed with tofu, bananas and oatmeal

Tofu face!!!

I can't wait to introduce even more foods to him. He has also had a few bites of garlic mashed potatoes (LOVED) and a little bit of sourdough bread. It's definitely a whole new adventure.

Eli is also a big daredevil (he hasn't quite figured out that letting go means falling) and is very curious about everything. He is pretty much into everything within arms reach, or scootches his way towards what it is that he wants. He's not quite crawling yet, but we're almost there! 

Trying...to...reach...

Turning to get the sign

And, of course, absolutely everything goes into the mouth:


Surprisingly (to me, at least), he still doesn't have any teeth! He's been showing lots of symptoms of teething lately (pulling on his ears, rubbing his face, etc), so hopefully it will be soon!

He also is fully sitting on his own, although we get the occasional tumble:

My big sitter!

 He can also stand if he's holding on to something, and has started trying to pull himself up:


Trying to use his muscles


Look at me, I'm standing!

And, of course, back to chewing

He's also gotten really good at rolling over from back to front: 


Although, his absolute favorite locations to do so are his crib or 4 feet off the ground:

Doing his crazy "ninja moves" on the changing table

Ya, diaper changes have definitely gotten a lot more interesting!

He also loves to say "dada" over and over again (we get a "mama" every once in awhile) and is obsessed with the dogs, mostly Rufus. He beams whenever he sees them and reaches towards their faces to pet them. If Rufus runs, Eli thinks it is the funniest thing ever!

One big accomplishment over the past few weeks is that we are done with the pacifier! He was only using it for naps and falling asleep at night, but it was becoming a big problem! He would freak out or wake up when it fell out of his mouth and I was constantly searching for it. Not fun. Needless to say, he is sleeping much better now! He is even capable of putting himself to sleep in his crib (on occasion) and slept through the night the other night (hopefully a trend that will continue!).

He is a big flirt whenever we take him out and gives everyone he sees a big grin. He has also loves to "happy scream" and can get LOUD! 


Happy screaming!!!

His hair has turned totally blonde, which is crazy because he started out as a brunette, then his hair went red. That's a lot of change in 7 months! I don't know if it's the blonde hair, or what, but I realized all of a sudden that he looks a lot like I did when I was a baby:

Courtney on the left, Eli on the right


I'm totally in love with my sweet little boy and can't wait to see how he grows and develops as the months go on. Although I'd be alright if he stayed this precious forever:

Goofy grin 




No comments: