And, yet again, it is time for another update on my little man! It's amazing how quickly time goes, especially when you're over a week late, ha ha. I keep starting to write this, and then I get totally distracted. It probably doesn't help that we still have some boxes here and there.
Anyway, Eli had his half birthday on the 22nd, which was also the day we moved into our new house! So, of course, it was pretty much chaos. To celebrate though, we gave him his first bites of "real" (solid) food!
Yum!
I would have waited to give him food, but Nick left the next day for a week-long trip to Kansas (to add even more chaos) with his new unit. So, I wanted to make sure he was here for the first bites. Overall, Eli was pretty excited about his new food adventures and gobbled up the teeny, watery portion we gave him.
Who wants rice cereal? I do, I do!
We're kind of lacking on the official "6 month" pictures like I normally do, as we were literally moving in that day. This is about as good as it gets:
Nick has impressive improvisation skills
Although Eli was more than happy to give a few grins:
My little ham
He was apparently also fine with his daddy putting him in a box:
So glad we remembered to pack the baby!
Just hanging out
He was also extremely flexible with his napping, which was much appreciated. Here he was in his playpen in our bathroom:
Sweet baby dreams
We just had Eli's 6 month checkup yesterday and he is now 17 lbs, 9 oz! I had thought he was more like 20 lbs because he seems so heavy to me and I'm getting tired carrying him around these days. He gained almost 3 pounds since last month though (yay!) and is in the 45th percentile for weight. He's also almost 27 inches tall (70th percentile), and his head circumference is 17 inches (50th percentile). The doctor said he's doing great!
He has totally mastered sitting up and only falls on occasion now. He has also started rocking on his hands and knees and sliding/crawling backwards. Which leads to a little bit of frustration because he's not going where he wants. He can turn himself around pretty well though while on his hands and knees. He just needs to figure out how to move his arms & we're in trouble!
Our little mover
He can also hold himself up on furniture, although he's yet to pull himself up. It's just a matter of time though! He's definitely getting a lot more curious too and loves to check everything out.
Very interested in the grass
Eli has also become a very enthusiastic smoocher and pretty much eats Nick & my faces if he gets the chance. Still no teeth, but he also hasn't had any really bad teething days, which is nice. Probably my favorite milestone this month is that he started saying MAMA! It's mostly when he's a little upset, but we have gotten a lot of very clear "mamas"! I totally thought he was going to say Dada first since he could do the "d" sound, but he pleasantly surprised me!
He's doing lots of new stuff this month that I can't wait to talk about in his next update (like Halloween!!!). We're having lots of fun with our little man! I'll try to write some more updates with lots of pictures soon because I have a lot!









No comments:
Post a Comment