Thursday, January 12, 2012

8 Months!

So I might be a little late with this. I got a little behind on life, it seems, with the holidays and all. Thankfully, I did take pictures on Eli's 8 month "birthday". I just neglected to write anything. To say it's been a little busy around here would be an understatement. My to-do list seemed to be getting longer and longer, even with crossing things off. Anyway, enough excuses.

My little boy is 8 months old! That is only 4 months away from 1 year- 365 days...insert minor freak out. Has it really been that long?!

If you were wondering why the "x months old" (8 months old in this case) sign is missing in most of these pictures, I've pretty much given up on it, since he is waaay too interested in putting it in his mouth and/or waving it around:

Sign, what sign?


He's such a wiggler, I'm just focusing on getting a good picture these days. It's too much work to keep track of a sign too. I'd love to do the stickers that go on onesies, but it seems kind of late at this point, and he'd just be wearing a boring white onesie underneath. But I do really love them & plan on using them for the next kid. I'd love to hear any other thoughts/suggestions. Anyway, enough of that, on to the pictures!


 Hey there!

 Just hanging out in the crib

 Very interested in his feet

Eyeing his sign

Just Jumperoo-ing 

My big boy

Putting on his angel face

It was also a fun day because it also happened to be his Daddy's birthday! So, of course, we had to take advantage:

 The birthday boys

Nick definitely thought it was pretty cool

Eli was a big help opening (Daddy's) presents:


And posed for a great picture:


Like I said, he's doing a lot of pretty cool stuff nowadays. He started pulling himself up, for one:



Working on those muscles

My crib is tasty

Reeeaching

Mmm, crib

And, he can also scootch himself a bit. Not quite crawling, but he can get up on his hands and knees and turn and dive for things that he wants.


He can also easily get up on all fours, but for some reason, he prefers this position:





His new nickname is monkey, because he is a climber and he loves his bananas!



Climbing up Mommy

Still working hard on those teeth. They're not stopping his eating ability though. He is quite the eater! He has mastered the pincer grasp (putting an object between his thumb and forefinger) and the food actually makes it into his mouth most of the time! He's a big fan of Cheerios. This month, he also tried turkey & mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving, soybeans, barley cereal, peas, and his new favorite food- yogurt! 

Enjoying some peas

He loves to say "mama" when he's sad & "dada" when he's happy (guess we know who the fun one is). He's absolutely obsessed with the dogs. He pretty much just has to look at Rufus to start laughing. He's also really interested in their paws.

Saying hi to Scout

He has a checkup at 9 months (only a couple weeks away!), but I'm guessing he's over 20 pounds, and boy is he LONG. He's moved up to 9 month PJs and pants and won't be in 6 month onesies too much longer either. Those snaps are getting harder and harder to snap.

Except for the rare night every once in awhile (mostly if he hasn't had enough to eat during the day), he has started sleeping 8-10 hours at night, which is GLORIOUS!

He's still a big snuggler too:
Falling asleep on Mama


This month was also really fun because we had some visitors! Papa & GramMary (my parents) came to visit!


Staying warm with Papa

iPad with GramMary


Papa love

He had some quality time with his grandparents and we even took a trip to Nashville for the first time. Then, Aunt WhitWhit came for a visit

Reading his new book


Having fun with his auntie

We love our happy little 8 month old

All smiles 

Yay! 




1 comment:

Heather said...

You could photoshop "X Months" into the pictures. If you don't have photoshop there are some free programs out there. Do a little googling and you can find several!