Wednesday, April 4, 2012

11 months

Woo, I got this out in a fairly reasonable amount of time! We are so close to Eli's first birthday, it is ridiculous! This has been the quickest year of my life. It is amazing. My little man is now 11 months old! As usual, we had a very eventful month. I feel like Eli is just growing and developing by leaps and bounds.

He is talking up a storm and has added "nakey", "night night", "baby", and "moo" to his vocabulary. He can also do a smooch/kiss noise and a piggy noise. He can also sign light and fan, and enjoys as pointing at things as well:

"Pointing" at the moon (which he's totally obsessed with)

Signing fan

He has also started doing "so big" (lifting both arms in the air, kind of like touchdown) when we ask "How big is Eli?". We also got him a walking toy that he LOVES and can now pull himself up on so that he can zoom around some more:

Even more mobile!

Ya, I don't get much of a break because he's all over the place! At least, when he does start walking, it won't be too much of an adjustment.

Eli has also started sleeping through the night again pretty consistently, which, of course, I thoroughly appreciate. He has also popped his third tooth (he now has two on the bottom and one on the top), and his 4th (also on the top) has started popping through as well. Unfortunately, it has led to him biting me a lot more. Thankfully, that phase has since stopped. The new tooth has also led to a lot more smiling and "stinky face":

Showing off his teeth

"Stinky" face

His new foods this month included: mango, mac and cheese, pasta with tomato sauce, broccoli, ground beef and chicken & rice, all of which he enjoyed. 

Someone likes to eat

So excited about food!

We have also started the process of weaning with pumped milk and a sippy cup:



Eli has also started becoming a huge flirt. He smiles, waves his arms, and talks a lot to girls, especially 5 and under. We're in trouble now! 

Showing off his smile

He has also started sharing, or really just showing you whatever he has in his hand, and usually waving it around. He also likes to put lids on things, especially when you're feeding him out of a bowl. He also loves helicopters, motorcycles and airplanes, and will stop whatever he is doing when he hears one. We see and hear them a lot with all the time we spend outside (the weather has been gorgeous!), and Eli has learned to crawl on the grass:
Crawling away

Eli also loves storytime and has now figured out how to turn pages on books:

Reading his Bible

One of his favorite books

He's still having a bit of a hard time with separation anxiety, and cries whenever we drop him off in childcare for church or MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers). Or when I attempt to take a shower:

My attempts to keep him occupied while I shower

 I think he might be a bit of a mama's boy:


Mama & Eli

Although, he does love his Dada too:

Sliding!

Matching hats

"Hey Dada"



I also ran my first 5k this month, woohoo! Nick was gracious enough to run with me and push Eli in the jogging stroller, and Eli enjoyed it so much that he fell asleep

\
After our 5k


Eli also had his first St Patrick's Day and wore his festive bib for the occasion:

"Kiss Me, I'm Irish" (and doesn't he look it?)

Phew, it's been quite a month! I'll leave you with some more adorable pictures of our almost toddler!


Bathtub! 

Silly face

Squeals of joy

 Trying out those new teeth






Playing 

 "Oh, hey there!"

Blocks! 






No comments: