Well, we have officially reached the milestone of one year! This has officially been the fastest year of my life. I can so vividly remember the day that Eli was born, it is unbelievable that it has been a year since then.
While I can't say that I have enjoyed every single moment of being a parent, with all of the challenges that come with it, I have loved being Eli's mommy. He makes it all so worth it.
I feel like he is learning and growing like a weed. I constantly have to figure out new things to teach him. This month, he started signing "airplane", and "milk", waving goodbye and nodding his head vigorously when asked a question. He is also saying "vroom", "book", "yuck", "yes", "buzz", "baa", and "hoo" (like an owl). He also understands and listens when I say "stop". He has also started pretending that various things are phones and puts it up to his ear and says his version of hello.
He is also making a fishy face. We also find it really funny that when Nick gives him his goodnight smooch, Eli has started to push our faces together to make Nick and I smooch. Pretty cute!
He's still working on his 5th & 6th teeth. I'm actually kind of shocked that they haven't popped through yet. When they do, he'll have 4 on the top, 2 on the bottom. He has also learned how to climb off of the couch safely and carefully and is constantly cruising around the furniture, or really, whatever he can pull himself up on:
He isn't quite daring enough to actually walk yet, but as soon as he realizes he is capable of standing unsupported, we're in trouble! He did take one step towards Nick, but hasn't repeated it, especially after we freaked out with excitement!
He gets really excited when he hears Nick get home and loves to scream "DADADADADADADA" at the top of his lungs. Maybe it's because Nick does stuff like this:
Upside down!
Fun with Dada
Storytime
My boys
He didn't try a whole lot of new foods this past month, except for pineapple, whole peas, and papaya, all of which he liked. He has also started to be extremely interested in everything that I am eating. I also introduced cow's milk in his sippy cup and we have begun the process of weaning!
First taste of milk!
He also went on his second trip by plane to my sister's wedding in California! It was a bit of a whirlwind weekend with about 12 hours of traveling each way, so we didn't get very many pictures. But, here is a collage of pictures on the plane itself:
Silly faces
Eli also celebrated his second Easter (he was 2 days old last time):
All dressed up for church
Happy boy
Giving Rufus some love
That boy loves his Rufus
Swinging!
And then some various other pictures taken this month:
Glow in the dark
Looking out the window
Cutie
And, of course, there was the main event...his birthday party! We were able to celebrate with my family after my sister's wedding, and then had a little celebration at home, just the three of us. Although, of course, the cake was a must, and he was spoiled rotten with presents:
The cake!
Wanting to touch
Not so sure about this sugar stuff
Frosting face
Lots of touching of the cake
Not sure face
Dropping cake on the floor
Covered in frosting
Frosting covered hugs
Getting ready for the obligatory birthday bath
There was frosting everywhere!
Post bath opening of presents!
Checking out his ride from Nonnie and Big Daddy
And, then, we took pictures on his actual birthday a few days later:
Good morning birthday boy!
Playing his drum from Papa & GramMary
My big boy
Making noise
I can't believe how big he is!
Baby face
SO BIG!
Looking like a big boy
It has been quite a year! I still can't believe we've already been through 365 days. It's amazing to look back and see how much Eli has changed.
I'm so excited for what God has planned for our little man, and what He's going to continue to teach us through him. Because I know my life will never be the same, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"
Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:
Post a Comment