So I hinted in my last post that, not only are we surviving while Nick is gone, in some ways, we are thriving.
Eli is definitely the one who is doing most of the thriving (warning- lots of mommy bragging coming)! Which is pretty bittersweet because it just brings to light how much Nick is missing. But, we are both very proud of our little man!
Our little sponge is amazing with naming and recognizing colors. He does mix them up sometimes, but gets them probably 9 times out of 10. Shapes are coming along too! The most impressive one is octagon! He absolutely loves pointing out every stop sign he sees. We're still working on circles and squares, but I'm glad he's so excited about octagons, ha ha!
We're also starting to work on numbers and letters and he loves to count and sing ABCD. I stole an inspired idea from one of my mommy teacher friends and bought him some number and letter bath toys, so he's getting to work on them during bath time.
He is also mimicking almost everything I say and is now up to 5 word sentences (today he said "I see Larry right there")! Smar-T-Pants!
He is also extremely interested in potty training all of a sudden and went potty twice in the potty, just today! So, apparently we will be starting potty training soon! I'm a little concerned about the time commitment and being able to be consistent, especially outside of the house. But he's obviously getting the idea and the end result will be so worth it! And I have a few friends who recently potty trained who have shared a lot of wisdom! So now I have a game plan and a list of supplies (pull ups, training underwear, potties) to stock up on. Crazy!
I am also doing pretty well with my goals, namely getting in shape! I have lost about 9 pounds since Nick left and my weekly weight loss has been pretty consistent! I've been able to work out regularly and I feel like I'm making healthy food choices with (it definitely helps that my more picky eater isn't here). No special diet or anything, just fruits and veggies and stuff. But apparently it's working!
Otherwise, nothing really major. Feeling a bit more organized and making strides with getting the house in better shape. We've also been able to be very social (February's calendar is pretty full!) and I have some babysitters lined up for some time without Eli and celebrating my birthday. And I've spent a lot of time at Hobby Lobby and done a few fun projects, including a great Valentines care package for Nick. Once he gets it, I'll share some pictures.
I'm also starting my bible study for military wives next week and volunteering in the nursery on Sunday! Can't wait! So much to look forward to! Yay for February!
021-030/365 with a grateful heart.2026
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment