Saturday, January 19, 2013

Whirlwind

I can't believe I have only been home for a week. It has been a whirlwind! Which, I guess, is better then being bored. I was definitely worried that home would seem quiet and boring after being around family for so long. Yeah, can't say that has been too much of a problem.

We've had some crazy weather (ice storm, snow) which kept things interesting. We have also had a couple of strikes from Murphy (every military wife knows about Murphy's Law- if it can go wrong when your husband is gone, it will), but thankfully it hasn't been anything that can't be fixed (flat tire, blown fuses). Eli's top two canine teeth have been putting both of us through the ringer though. Poor guy has had a low fever on and off since yesterday and sleep has been iffy. No fun. Obviously, the lack of sleep has zapped my motivation somewhat though.

So, needless to say, it's been a bit crazy around here, plus the effort of getting back into our routine and getting the house back in order. And, of course, we have to do very important things like have lunch and FaceTime dates, ha ha. But we just keep on trucking, and thankfully, there are days like today where nothing is really going on and we can catch up.

The good news is, we have surpassed the two month mark (I'm counting in 30 day increments, since the deployment is not supposed to "exceed 270 days" and obviously, not every month is 30 days). And God is faithful, even when I have a fussy boy who just wants to be held, or is up for a good hour in the middle of the night because his teeth hurt.

We're surviving, and doing a little bit of thriving. Speaking of, deployment goals to come soon, I promise! They are written down. Now I just need the energy to post about them. Until then...

No comments: