Thursday, September 16, 2010

Georgia!

Wow, so much has happened in the week since I last updated. I have no idea where to start! I'll have to update about our last weekend in Texas at a different time because I'm not exactly sure where our camera is at the moment.

The major story is, of course, that we are in Georgia! We loaded up our cars on Monday and had a pretty uneventful 16 hour drive. It was a little bit long the first day, but it made the second day nice and short. We each took a dog in our car and they pretty much did this the whole drive:


Trying to get as close as possible


Although there was a little bit of this too:
So happy to be in the car!

We have some friends here who were nice enough to let us stay with them with the two crazy dogs in tow. Man, a real bed beats an air mattress any day! I think we will be wearing out our welcome soon because, although we were able to get a house (YAY!), the moving company is practically holding our stuff hostage. Our stuff beat us here and got to the area on Monday, but when we called to let them know our new address, they told us that they won't be able to deliver our stuff until next Wednesday! We're praying it will be much sooner! We're really happy that we're fortunate enough to have hospitable friends, but it would be soooo nice to be able to start getting settled.

Anyway, our house is really cute and is only 3 doors down from where we're staying with our friends, funnily enough. It's 3 bedrooms (2 of which are big!) and 1 bathroom (kind of a bummer, but oh well) and we're getting a fence put in the yard for the dogs. It's nothing too special (it's pretty typical Army housing with swanky linoleum floors and stuff), but it will definitely be more than adequate for the time we're here. There was another neighborhood that was available to us as well, but the only houses available were on the second floor and didn't have yards. That made the decision pretty easy! And I just couldn't see us living there, whereas, I knew we could live in our current neighborhood.

Another perk of our neighborhood is that we're within walking distance of the dog park, which is within a nice, big park:

Where we took our morning walk

So far, I'm loving it here though! The humidity is a little rough, but the cool mornings and evenings totally make up for it. I'm anxious to explore more and get back into a routine once we start getting settled.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to meeting you at some point!

We'll be doing the exact opposite drive at some point next spring/early summer - glad it was uneventful and safe and all of that!

Unknown said...

I just made the same drive on Monday!! My husband got deployed from Ft. Hood, so I came back to GA to live with my mom... I've grown up in GA so if you ever want some suggestions about places in the area I'd be glad to help you out :)