Thursday, April 7, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting

Last week, I took care of my friend's 2 year old girl and 6 year old boy for the morning. We ate breakfast and walked the 6 year old to school and the 2 year old came to PWOC with me, like she usually does with her mom. They're really good kids, so along with the easy schedule, it was really easy. It was just funny though, Nick and I were both realizing how much of a foreshadowing it was of our future with kiddos. And it was awesome! I think we are ready to start this new adventure, which is good because it is imminent, and it's not like this kid will go back to someone else at the end of the day.

One of the funny highlights though was that the 2 year old little girl was really excited about our little play mat we have set up for the baby. We set it up pretty much right after we got it so that the dogs would get used to it. More than a few times, I found her laying in it and playing with the toys. Too cute! I really wish I would've snapped a picture.

The dogs were a little crazy with the kids here, and were very much in the 2 year old's face when they were out. It was a little frustrating, but I know that they act differently (really excited) with guests and obviously, this baby will be with us 24/7. I'm sure it will realistically take some adjustment, but I think it'll be better, especially because I don't think we'll put them in another room as much, except maybe as a last resort.

So here's to the future!


2 comments:

Dan said...

It is amazing how ready you become! I think you and Nick are very ready for this next exciting chapter!
I think I am too! YEA!

xoxoxoxox

This American Wife said...

So we recently added a few big dogs to our family and its so frustrating to try and keep them out of AJ's face 24/7. You're right, with a newborn it will be different. Dogs are funny, its almost like they know that newborns are fragile and they act accordingly. I'm sure that both Scout and Rufus will be fine with your baby!