I can't really imagine going another 2 weeks, much less any later. I'm trying a bunch of the natural things to induce labor, like walking, evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea. I feel like there's at least some progress with the random contractions, but it would be nice if things became a little more consistent.
I got checked by the midwife today and my fundal height (height from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus) is measuring at 37 centimeters, which is perfect since I'm 38 weeks and it totally depends on the person measuring. The baby is still head down and I feel like I've definitely dropped. So now it's just a waiting game until real labor starts.
I feel like everyone is anticipating me going into labor at any second (which is entirely possible). A girl at youth group tonight said "whoa, you're really pregnant", ha ha. And somebody at the grocery store today told me I shouldn't be on me feet. I really don't feel that huge, but then looking at pictures, I definitely have the same reaction.
The baby is still doing great- the heart rate was 145 beats/minute today (it's been between 145-155 the whole pregnancy). The baby should be the size of about a leek- could be up to 22 inches long. And the midwife guessed today that the baby is around 7 pounds 2 ounces! She also predicted that if I go past my due date, it'll be over 8 pounds, eek! Ya, definitely praying it'll be sooner rather than later. The only real developmental milestone to report is that the skin has changed from pink to white because there is more fat over the blood vessels. That'll lead to some chubby cheeks!
Here are this week's belly pictures:
1 comment:
LOVE this! so excited for you guys! i thought you were in labor last night but we had watched the latest episode of parenthood and there was a woman in labor in the show. xoxo.
Post a Comment