Monday, April 11, 2011

Pregnancy Musings

We are almost at the end of this crazy adventure! As of Wednesday, I will be "full term", and my body has definitely been doing it's share of practicing for labor. I'm still hoping for an April baby rather than another 3 weeks of craziness until the due date, but I know that first time babies are usually on time or late.

- It doesn't help that it's starting to get really hot here (um, it's April), which means swollen ankles and feet, lovely. So glad I won't be massively pregnant in the midst of a Southern summer!

- I find it highly amusing that my belly button is still holding strong as an innie (or really, holding on for dear life). I thought, for sure, it would have popped by now! Here is some photographic evidence:

Before (Week 14)


Now
Hold on belly button, we're almost there!

- I am so tired, I could pretty much nap any time of day. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday & it was glorious! Unfortunately, I have noticed that such wonderful naps mean my nighttime sleep is not nearly as good. So, I'm trying to hold out and not nap, so I can enjoy a full night's sleep while I can

- I got an audible "whoa" when somebody saw my baby belly today. Ya, thanks, I could have 3 more weeks, ha ha. I feel like people think I'm about to explode or something

- I thought this baby getting bigger would mean a little bit of a break for me from all the kicking and punching. I had probably a couple of weeks of gentleness, but now, even the pushes are getting stronger. I think this baby wants to come out soon, don't you?

- Nick has started nesting. I, on the other hand, have been completely taken over by fatigue, but I feel pretty ready anyway. Nick literally bleached the floor and also hung some pictures in the nursery this past weekend, love it! It looks so pretty and inhabitable now. I will definitely be posting pictures!

- So we realized that "dwarf planet" is actually a pretty accurate description of me right now. Scout, my big shadow, has finally figured out that something is going on (he keeps resting his head on my belly, too cute!), and he is in full orbit. He normally circles (my best friend loves to call him Jaws because he just circles and circles and circles), but he is pretty much attached to me right now, just going around & around. Rufus, on the other hand, is more like a comet that whizzes by and then disappears for awhile. Ya, we're nerds.


No comments: