Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Ours was pretty awesome and relaxing. And I guess the celebration of our wonderful country is still going because we just now realized that we have to watch Live Free or Die Hard! And, last night, we watched The Patriot, which just arrived on our Netflix. We were shocked that we made it all the way through in one night. That definitely hasn't happened for awhile in this house!


Happy Birthday America!

Seriously though, we had a great weekend and celebrated the foundation of our awesome country mostly on Saturday. Our neighbors had a BBQ that day and that was also when they shot off fireworks here on post. Eli made sure to wear his festive American flag bib.

We were lucky enough to be able to walk to where we could see the fireworks. We transferred Eli to his stroller and were just out the door when we thought we locked ourselves out of our house! Thankfully, I hadn't actually closed the back door like I thought I had, so we were able to get our keys without having to wait on maintenance to let us in. So, after all that excitement, Eli slept through the fireworks show completely. He didn't even flinch.

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July as well! I'll hopefully be updating about all the other craziness that's been going on around here soon, but things might have to slow down a bit first.


No comments: