Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Drop Off

Well, I dropped Nick off at Ranger School this morning. Oh joy. Honestly, I'm doing pretty well so far. Neither of us really think he'll be in longer than a week or two with the way things have been going with overcrowding. One can only hope, right?

I'm definitely not the stress case I was a month ago about this whole situation. Part of that is because Eli is a bit more predictable. That's not to say we don't have crazy days (cough, yesterday, cough), but overall, I feel like I can handle it, and God has given me an incredible peace about everything, like one of my favorite Bible verses says:

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

I'll definitely be surprised if he goes the whole two months (or more), but it could be 2 days (fingers crossed), two months, 6 months...who knows. Obviously I'd rather have him gone for a short period of time but, at this point, I'm just ready to be done with all this, one way or the other. And if he's in for a long time, I know I have a bunch of family who wants to visit, and some awesome friends who will help me get through it and give me some mommy breaks. I even have a dinner invitation tonight. So, I know we'll get through it. Just pray that whatever happens, Nick would either get through it all, or not be there for very long. Because I'd hate for him to get through all of this first week (which is the hardest), just to be out later.


No comments: