Well, deployment number two has officially begun. We've known this was coming for awhile and it's been a bit of a whirlwind leading up to it.
Some things were easier this time around (being in the moment, not just dreading him leaving, knowing that it's only supposed to be 9 months instead of twelve, knowing that God will do amazing things in our lives again, etc). But regardless, it was not a very fun day and saying "see you later" to my best friend will never be easy.
Eli was a total champ and, although he was confused about all the tears, he gave endless hugs and smooches. Which broke my heart and made me happy at the same time. He is such a sweet boy and we are so blessed to have him.
I feel like I'm in a fog and am completely emotionally and physically exhausted, so this will be short. But, I am hoping to start blogging again frequently and not neglect this little blog anymore. Coming soon will be my deployment goals, once I actually write them down.
And, the plan is to catch up with the monthly Eli updates I so abruptly stopped. Because he blows me away every day with the new things he learns and says (today's new word: Jesus!) and I would love to capture as much of that as possible, especially for Nick to read.
So, to be continued...
gratitude
1 day ago
1 comment:
Welcome Back! And know that you all have SO many prayer warriors out here!
Post a Comment