Alright, here are my deployment goals, finally! I have a few different categories:
Fun
Read/finish one book per month
-And possibly write a review of what I read
-I'm halfway through a bunch of books right now, so maybe it'll help me finish them
Do one creative thing per week (baking, learning to knit, crafts, etc)
- As if I need another reason to feed my Hobby Lobby addiction
- I also have tons of fun projects pinned on Pinterest
Send Nick at least one care package per month
- I have a Pinterest board full of ideas!
Have one pampering/me time per month
- Get my nails done, go to a movie, girls night, etc
Cook 2 new recipes per month
Update this blog more regularly (I'll try to shoot for once a week, which seems feasible)
Eli
Intentionally take time to teach him because he is a sponge!
- Would love to have colors and shapes mastered and I have some great flash cards that he is totally learning from
- Work on letters and numbers 1-10
Activities geared towards him
- Gymnastics class, story time, outside time, field trips, art projects
Would love to get him potty trained, although it's ok if it doesn't happen
Health
Eat more fruits and veggies and be more conscious of what I am eating
Drink more water
Exercise regularly (I still have some baby weight I could stand to lose)
- Nick made me an awesome exercise plan before he left
- I now have a bike, a trailer for Eli and a trainer (makes a bike into a stationary bike), which makes working out so much easier
- I'm hoping to run another 5k- possibly the color run and/or a tough mudder
- I've been going to a stroller workout class at least twice a week and am really enjoying it
Organization
Get the house more organized
- Don't know if it's because of the new year, or the fact that I was away from my house for awhile, but I'm inspired to get things in order and really make things run smoother around here
- Even though we've lived here over a year, I feel like some rooms aren't "finished"
Do one organizational/practical project per week (i.e. organize Eli's old baby clothes)
Make better meal plans & shopping lists
Stick to cleaning/chore schedule and get Eli involved since he is loving being helpful
Plan my weeks better
- To-do lists, prioritizing
Christianity
Get back to memorizing Scripture
Get more involved in our church
- I'm going to start helping out in the nursery and join a military wife small group that I'm really excited about
Write down 5 blessings per day
- Inspired by the book 1000 Gifts
- Is really helping me keep perspective on this deployment and see God's hand in the day to day
Read devotionals daily
- I got some great devotionals for Christmas that I'm excited about reading
So there ya have it!
a love song to something quite ordinary
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment