Monday, December 7, 2009

Wonderful



He's home!!!

Nick went back to work today, so it's back to the routine, and the blog updates. We just found out he has Fri-Mon off though too, so that will be sweet!

But he's HOME!!! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of homecoming yet, as I had my photographer friend take them for us and she's making them all pretty and stuff. I'll post them as soon as I have them though (which should be this week). I can't wait to see them myself! The homecoming itself was totally surreal. Texas randomly decided to spit out a freeeeeezzzing day, and his unit does their homecomings on a field, so I was all bundled up in my parka, scarf and gloves.
All dressed up, driving to the homecoming ceremony!!!

Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long in the cold before the buses pulled up with their police escort. It was totally exciting and crazy to hear everyone cheering for our guys and to see all of the families reunited. There was even a proposal! Silly us though, we didn't come up with a game plan of where to meet (which is totally out of character, seeing as we're big planners), so we spent about 5 minutes trying to find each other. Although someone told me he was going to be wearing his stetson and didn't actually end up wearing it, ha ha. I, surprisingly, didn't cry, but I think that's because I was just excited to have actually found Nick after wandering around for 5 minutes.

It's been so great so far to have him home, I can't even tell you! Obviously, there is some adjustment on both of our parts, but thankfully we have only had some slightly frustrated/annoyed moments so far. He's been a huge help with chores and the dogs, who are definitely excited to have him home too:

Welcoming Nick home

We've done a lot of relaxing at home since Nick has been back, but we also:

- Drove around the Christmas light display at a local lake- SO cool!

One of the cool light displays

- Ate lots of good food including Rudy's BBQ and Chipotle (two of Nick's favorites)

A very happy Nick with a big beer

- Celebrated our 2 1/2 year anniversary

Celebrating

- Went to church (YAY!) and tested out the new married's class (which we really like so far)
- Had another freezing day where it actually snowed, but didn't stick, unfortunately
- Took a trip to "Man Disneyland" (a.k.a. Cabela's)
- And even got a bunch of errands done including getting Nick a new phone & some new clothes

Did I mention how awesome it is to have him home?! It's definitely going to take some time to get used to this new normal, but so far, I absolutely can't complain.


10 comments:

lola said...

oh my goodness -- congrats! :) So glad that he's back. It sounds like you guys have been making up for lost time!

R.A.B. said...

I told you it would be WONDERFUL!! congrats. yeah. so glad you're happy! no tell him to go back to work so I can have you back on Tuesday mornings. :) HA HA!

Herding Chaos said...

SO glad he's home!! lol I have a feeling J* and I will be looking for each other for a while!

Expat Girl said...

Congratulations!!! Enjoy every moment of having him home again, even the frustrating ones!

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Battles on the Homefront said...

Sorry I'm a little slow with the pics but I will have them for you as soon as I'm done with this FRG party. So far I'm not a fan of being FRG Leader.

KLutz said...

Yay I'm so glad that he's home!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! Glad he made it home!

Stephanie said...

I know I already told you, but I wanted to say it again: I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :) Reading this post made me a little teary-eyed. Hope y'all fall back into your old, comfortable routine soon.

corkyshell said...

So cute! Life is a lot more magical with them home. Yeah for actually being able to "enjoy" the holiday season this year. Love your sign by the way :)