Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tomorrow!

Well, the day is finally here! Nick is on his way home and will be here tomorrow morning!!! I don't even know how to react. I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. It's still a little surreal, but I know tomorrow is going to be insane. Thankfully there are only 2 things on my to-do list, and I'll be waking up early enough that I won't be stressed about getting to post on time/early.

Of course, things had to be somewhat dramatic. I anticipated getting the official call from his unit (telling me they had left Kuwait) sometime this afternoon. People were updating their Facebook statuses saying they had received "the call"...then a few hours went by...then a few more...finally, I realized that a lot of time had gone by and I still hadn't been called. Knowing that I really couldn't stand it any longer, I called the unit and got my confirmation that he was on the flight, woohoo!!! I pretty much assumed he was, since I hadn't heard otherwise, but I really needed that confirmation. That's when it started to get really real and I let myself get excited!

So, here we are, a matter of hours away from homecoming!!! It felt like this day would never get here- especially in the past week with delays. But my husband is really coming home! I will see him tomorrow! Insert ridiculously huge smile!

Nick will have 4 days off when he gets home, so don't be surprised if I don't update very much. Eventually though, I will have pictures (thanks Mallory!) and joyous updates, including a "deployment in review". I've been thinking about the past year a lot lately. It was really rough at times, but I know we wouldn't be where we are in our marriage and in our walks with God without this deployment. But I'm way too distracted right now to put it all into words.

My husband is coming home!!!! Commence happy dance!


2 comments:

Dan said...

So very excited and proud!! And did you learn your homecoming happy dance from my family vacation happy dance??
Love you and Nick - L O T S !!

KLutz said...

That's great!!!! I HOPE I don't hear from you for awhile.