Unfortunately, hunting season starts over Easter weekend, which means our plans for camping that weekend are now out the window. Lame! I'm really not sure when we'll have a chance to camp before it gets crazy hot here this summer. I mean, if we don't get to camp in Texas, it's not the end of the world, but I'd really like to use all of that fancy camping equipment we just got. And, it's just frustrating that Nick had all this time off, but we weren't able to actually go camping during any of it. Oh well.
So I finally finished that verse from Hebrews, but ended up cutting 2 verses off of it. It was just way too wordy, and so I memorized the most important parts (v. 1-3):
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also set aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and run with endurance the race that was set before us, looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you do not grow weary or fainthearted.
Always a good verse! In fact, my sister just used it in her blog. Great minds think alike, I guess.Like I said, pretty wordy. Gotta love that the first 2 verses are all a great big run-on sentence! Next up, I'm learning Philippians 4:6-7:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
In other news, we had a scare with Nick's maternal grandfather last week, but thankfully he is doing much better and has moved to a convalescence home to recover. God is good!
I had my first day of work with my "new" job today, and it went really well. We only had 5 kids, 4 of which were homeschooled siblings. It really couldn't have been more different than the women's study. The kids were so good, I felt like we barely did anything! They were really fun though and we ended up playing outside in the church playground, which was really fun. Yay for Spring! Next week, we might have a couple more kids, but it should definitely continue to be a good/easy job. And I'm not as worried about this study & the women's study overlapping anymore.
I'm contemplating a nap. As much as I love Daylight Savings, it totally screws me up for a few weeks. It's rough waking up when it's dark outside!
1 comment:
My dad is coming out here the weekend of Easter and a few days after just to go turkey hunting. This will be the third year he has come for the same thing.
Post a Comment