Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beautiful Wednesday

Spring has officially sprung here in Texas, and it is gorgeous! I absolutely had to come outside today and enjoy a book in the sunshine. It was irrisistable! Our grass still isn't quite grown in the backyard, but it's getting there.

I had a great day today at the pregnancy center. First off, I got to spend all day with Alice, which was wonderful because I'd seen her all of 20 minutes in the last 2 weeks. I was definitely having withdrawls since I usually see her at least twice a week. And we're going to dinner later with the hubbies and the married couple that leads our young marrieds group, woo!

Secondly, I got trained to answer the phones and greet people at the pregnancy center. Woohoo! I had been feeling so unhelpful just sitting at a desk when the phones rang, or when someone walked in. But now, I don't have to depend on other people being around. Everyone was pretty excited about that.

Otherwise, I've been slaving away at entering the massive pile of charts into the computer. It's a little boring, but definitely necessary and helpful. I've also been busy reading brochures about everything from fetal development to STDs. There's definitely a lot of information I'm supposed to familiarize myself with.

The director asked me today what job I think I want to do at the center. Honestly, I'm still not totally sure. I've been praying about it a lot but I'm still not sure. The counseling room is still a little intimidating for me, plus the deadline of us moving is hanging over my head. So, if it were completely up to me, I'd just keep doing what I'm doing now. But, I asked if I could observe a counseling session soon to actually see what it's like. Hopefully that'll give me a better picture of what is actually involved and God will guide me from there.

For now though, I definitely feel like I'm contributing.

- Posted from Court's iPhone

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

So jealous. Soak in the beautiful Texan sun for me too k?