And that's a sad thought considering the friendships I've made with people in the 2 years we've been here. I don't know what I would have done without the group of women in my coffee group, the bible study hosted by the Chaplain's wife, or the woman who sat with me at church every week. In true Army fashion, we will all be scattered throughout the country in a matter of weeks. And some people will be out of the Army altogether.
I know I'll see some of these people again, or at least keep in touch, but, it just won't be quite the same. And there may be carbon copies of these groups in my future, but I know there won't be the same group dynamic I've grown to love.
Thankfully, we already know that my awesome church buddy and her family will be at our next post in Georgia. And we already made plans to do a Bible study together when I get there. She is the unofficial matriarch of our group, without whom, we wouldn't have even had a coffee group. I consider her my Army mentor and is totally the person I want to emulate as Nick moves along in the Army.
So at least I don't have to lose her yet! Otherwise, I would have been completely bawling as they "farewelled" her last night. I can't say I didn't get a little teary-eyed though. And I don't even want to think about what's going to happen tomorrow when it's just us girls farewelling the colonel's wife. All I know is, I'm sure going to miss those ladies!
3 comments:
thats the tough part about military. we become so close to people and know there will be a day we have to say goodbye to one another. sorry girl but chin up!
I was so sad to leave all of my wonderful friends at Campbell. However, as long as you don't get out of the Army, you will see them again! It hasn't been a year since we have left Campbell, and two of my dearest book club buddies are headed here this summer!
Well that's great though that your friend will be at your new post!
Post a Comment