Friday, July 23, 2010

Crazy Dog Lady Part ?

I had yet another crazy dog lady moment yesterday. I think I've lost count of how many times this has happened.

The day started off pretty normally with walking the dogs, but about a minute in to my walk/run with Scout, there was a random dog just standing on the sidewalk. Thankfully, it was a really friendly Boxer and Scout apparently didn't mind it. It was on one of the busier streets in our neighborhood though, so I thought I might just call Animal Control, even though they're usually not open that early.

Well, they must've changed their hours, because someone picked up the phone! I was shocked. Unfortunately though, they said that it could be as late as 4pm by the time someone could pick it up (it was about 8:30am when I called) and asked if I could bring it home. Being the crazy dog lady that I am, I, of course, did. It gladly followed me all the way home, but I had to practically carry it into our backyard. Rufus thought it was his new best friend, and Scout warmed up to it after only a little barking. Thankfully, it was perfectly content to stay in the backyard, and it only took a few hours for Animal Control to show up.

Good times though. I don't know if it's just our neighborhood, or what, but this occurs waaaay too often. And somehow I seem to be the only one who even bothers to call Animal Control. Oh well.


1 comment:

This American Wife said...

I used to find random dogs all the time when we were there. I actually had the animal control number in my phone and used it quite a few times. I think the total number of random and/or stray dogs in my yard was up to 4 by the time we left. Its a HUGE problem there...