Yet day after day, I am in the same position as I was in today. I woke up at 7:45am and I had to be somewhere at 11am. In that time, I had to eat breakfast, walk/run both dogs, work out, and shower. So how was it that I was freaking out when 10:45am rolled around I needed to head out the door that second?! That should have been totally doable.
But instead, I got caught up messing around on the internet. Its not like this is something new either. I do this allll the time. Because I just looove to rush around. Ya, not so much. The problem is, I love to multitask. But, instead of saving time, it's really making things take that much longer. One thing that stuck out to me in the sermon was that you should schedule a time to read/respond to E-mails, be online, etc. I definitely need to incorporate this more into my daily life so I'm not unsuccessfully attempting to multitask like I've been, which then results in running around.
This sermon had a lot of good other points though. It talked a lot about setting goals, but keeping them flexible to change because, a lot of times, God has different ideas for you. A lot of it was common sense stuff, but I really needed to hear it. It made me rethink a lot of my goals and think about why I'm not quite reaching them. It also is timely, in that we're moving in about 1.5 months and will only be in Georgia for about 6-7 months. So I'm definitely thinking about what's next. Planning/time management is definitely something I'm going to be praying about a lot.
On a side note, this morning, at the end of my walk with Scout, I was looking at our yard and noticed a whole bunch of fruit on the lawn. I was wondering where it came from, and then, I looked up and saw this:
I have no idea how I totally missed the fact that a) Our tree is absolutely covered in fruit and b) That this tree grows fruit at all. We've lived in this house for almost 2.5 years now, and it's shocking to me that it took me this long to notice it.
I love fruit, but Nick doesn't, so I don't buy it all that much. But now I have a tree producing fruit in our front yard! Woohoo!
I love fruit, but Nick doesn't, so I don't buy it all that much. But now I have a tree producing fruit in our front yard! Woohoo!
2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome sermon! I agree with the whole staying on task, my college advisor lived by a timer and would time a certain task and once the timer went off, time to move on to the next task. I actually started doing this with the whole wedding planning/starting my own business chaos that is my life now :)
So far I am struggling with this time management stuff too! I keep leaving my errands til the afternoon and spending too much time on the computer in the morning. The other day though, I had to go in the morning because we had company coming, and it was so nice! Need to make myself do that more often...
Post a Comment