Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Weekend Stuff

So I totally forgot about all the other fun things we did this past weekend with the mass of pictures and all. I just dropped the dogs off at the kennel and am procrastinating on cleaning before we leave for our vacation, so here are some highlights:

- One day when we were walking all 3 dogs, it started raining. We were on the tail end of our walk, so we just decided to keep going. Well, then it started raining harder...and harder until it was pretty much a total downpour. Thankfully, the dogs were up for a run, so we ran the rest of the way back to the house and ended up being soaking wet.

- We made these delicious cookies and frosting that were supposed to be exactly like Lofthouse cookies (one of Nick's favorites).


They aren't exactly the same as Lofthouse, but mmm, they're pretty tasty! Of course, since we're going on a trip, we've had to get rid of them, but the people Nick works with were more than happy to eat a whole bunch. Oh, and I got to use the adorable cookie cutters Nick got me for our anniversary. Love it!

- We visited Nick's old West Point roommate and his wife and their new baby Kayleigh. She's now a week and a half old, but she was 6 days old when we saw her and we were the first non-family visitors. Her daddy took some pictures, but they're a little busy right now with a newborn and all, so I'll post them when I get them. She's pretty adorable though! Nick and I both got to hold her for awhile, and I was shocked at how sore my bicep was afterward! Especially with how tiny she is!

So we're off to start the first leg of our trip tonight, so I probably won't be posting until we get back. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures though!


No comments: