Monday, August 17, 2009

A Great Week!

So I've been back home in Texas for less than a week, but it has been fantastic so far. August is a good month (other than the 100+ weather and heat index, but alas, that's Texas) just between being back, and my A/C being fixed...things are looking good. My dad helped out with a few things around the house before he left and I've just been getting back into the groove.

Today was the first time I spent the majority of the day at home since I've been back, but thankfully I got to go to the pool with my newly minted "stand in spouse" (because I've spent at least a few hours with her every day since Friday! But then again, we're both unemployed, so what do you expect?), Alice. Today was the first day I wasn't quite sure what to do. Otherwise, I've almost felt too busy, but in a good way. There's still a lot of little stuff (cleaning, etc) to take care of, and then I have a list of just "stuff" for me to do. Hopefully there are enough little projects to keep me busy at least until Nick comes home for R&R (less than a month!). I think I'm going to have to find some more stuff to do after that, but I'm seriously thinking about volunteering somewhere and actually looking into it. I'd still ideally love to do something somewhat related to Animation, but who knows.

But anyway, other than just relaxing and having fun, this week has been great because...I FINALLY SOLD NICK'S TRUCK!!! Craigslist is awesome. Literally the day I posted it on there (Friday), I got an E-mail, and here we are 3 days later (and multiple E-mails and meetings to keep me busy) & it's sold! I can't tell you how happy I am about that. SUCH a relief to finally get rid of that thing! It caused me soooo much stress over the last couple months, I can't even tell you. And it was so easy this time (finally!). YAY! I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to jinx it, but I have the ridiculous wad of cash & no more keys or truck, so it is real!!!

What a good week...

3 comments:

Battles on the Homefront said...

craigslist is how we sold Mac's too. We posted it on Saturday night, Sunday we had a reply and Monday we had the cash.

R.A.B. said...

Yeah for selling the car!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for the truck getting sold!