Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mid-State Fair

I'm still having a great time up at the in-law's. We went to the Mid-State Fair a couple of times this week and it was really fun. We even watched some 4H kids show sheep, pigs and goats. Surprisingly, I've never gone to something like this in Texas, ha ha. We also saw a sweet free concert from Cross Canadian Ragweed and got some tasty fair food! Good times.

The other night, we went to Santa Barbara and saw the Fray in concert with Jack's Mannequin opening. It was a sweet open-air amphitheater and the music was really good. We did have some issues with some really obnoxious girls behind us though. They literally screamed at the top of their lungs (and I'm talking a blood-curdling scream) like every 2 minutes. And then, when we asked them to stop, they got offended and did it all the more. Lovely. I love paying to hear girls scream so loud and high-pitched, I'm forced to plug my ears...at a concert. It makes me sad for the future of America.

Otherwise we've been hanging out drinking wine (there are a whole bunch of fantastic vineyards around here), eating good food and enjoying the fact that the weather has been in the 90s rather than the 100s! The dogs are getting more and more relaxed and love our long walks on the country roads.

Oh, also, Nick put in his request for R&R dates. Let's just say it will hopefully be within the next month, woohoo!!!

2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

Woot. Glad he's coming home soon. When will you be back in TX?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hate silly girls like that. I mean really sometimes I weep for the future.

That's great news about R&R!!