This month was pretty eventful, mostly because I was home in California, woohoo! I was there for about 7 weeks total and I think I did everything I had wanted to do! Not too shabby! Some highlights:
-I did a lot of hanging out with my sister & brother-in-law and their 3 kids. I was able to hold my new 2 month old nephew Luke a whole bunch and play with Danny & Katie. I absolutely adore the whole family, and it was really hard saying goodbye. My sister even started crying when I was leaving which was rough. Thankfully, I'll see them over block leave sometime in December (probably), which is only like 4 months away!!! Here is one of my favorite pictures from the day before I left:
Luke being all snuggly- I also visited my in-laws and got to do a whole bunch of fun stuff, like go to the fair and Hearst Castle! I also met their new cows and the boys loved all of the extra attention!
- I got to hang out with a few of my friends too from both high school (or high school youth group, rather) and college, which was awesome. I even met my friend Erin's new Corgi puppy, Porkchop, so cute! I wish I would've thought to take a picture...
There was a little bit of miscommunication, but overall it was great catching up!
- I also got to go to my cousin's wedding reception, which was pretty fun. They had a really awesome band with steel drums, and some very tasty food!
- My A/C FINALLY got fixed this past Monday (the 10th), thanks to fellow blogger R.A.B., who was so awesome she even made sure the temperature in my house was in the 70s when I got home! Also, one of Nick's friends was a rock star and managed to move Nick's bronco with a bunch of guys instead of calling a tow truck. Crazy!
- This past Tuesday-Thursday, my dad and I drove from California to Texas! We did the drive in 3 days and stayed in hotels Tuscon and Fort Stockton, TX (a.k.a. the middle of nowhere). I wasn't sure how the dogs were going to do, but they were awesome. I think it's a pretty big accomplishment that we didn't get kicked out of any of the hotels! It was a pretty long drive though (6-7 hours each day for 3 days), so I am very grateful that my dad was able to come with me. I don't know how I would've done it without him! But ya, it was a pretty uneventful drive, except for my last In-n-Out Burger (#14 in 7 weeks...not bad) and the 5 prisons we passed along the way!
- So I'm home! I'm pretty glad to be back. I had a great time in California, but it's nice to be back, especially with working A/C (the high today was 96)! The house is in pretty good shape considering it sat in ridiculous heat for about 6 weeks. My plants are a little sad looking, but I'm hoping I can recusitate them. Oh, and I found out my awesome neighbors across the street (the ones with 4 Great Danes) are moving. SAD! They are some of the only neighbors I actually talk to, and it was just nice to know that they were there if I needed anything. At least my lawn mowing neighbor isn't going anywhere anytime soon!) Some funny things I came back to though:
- I got to hang out with a few of my friends too from both high school (or high school youth group, rather) and college, which was awesome. I even met my friend Erin's new Corgi puppy, Porkchop, so cute! I wish I would've thought to take a picture...
There was a little bit of miscommunication, but overall it was great catching up!
- I also got to go to my cousin's wedding reception, which was pretty fun. They had a really awesome band with steel drums, and some very tasty food!
- My A/C FINALLY got fixed this past Monday (the 10th), thanks to fellow blogger R.A.B., who was so awesome she even made sure the temperature in my house was in the 70s when I got home! Also, one of Nick's friends was a rock star and managed to move Nick's bronco with a bunch of guys instead of calling a tow truck. Crazy!
- This past Tuesday-Thursday, my dad and I drove from California to Texas! We did the drive in 3 days and stayed in hotels Tuscon and Fort Stockton, TX (a.k.a. the middle of nowhere). I wasn't sure how the dogs were going to do, but they were awesome. I think it's a pretty big accomplishment that we didn't get kicked out of any of the hotels! It was a pretty long drive though (6-7 hours each day for 3 days), so I am very grateful that my dad was able to come with me. I don't know how I would've done it without him! But ya, it was a pretty uneventful drive, except for my last In-n-Out Burger (#14 in 7 weeks...not bad) and the 5 prisons we passed along the way!
- So I'm home! I'm pretty glad to be back. I had a great time in California, but it's nice to be back, especially with working A/C (the high today was 96)! The house is in pretty good shape considering it sat in ridiculous heat for about 6 weeks. My plants are a little sad looking, but I'm hoping I can recusitate them. Oh, and I found out my awesome neighbors across the street (the ones with 4 Great Danes) are moving. SAD! They are some of the only neighbors I actually talk to, and it was just nice to know that they were there if I needed anything. At least my lawn mowing neighbor isn't going anywhere anytime soon!) Some funny things I came back to though:
What had been one sunflower when I left bloomed into a million and is somehow growing out of our oleander bushesCountdowns
89% to R&R (11% left, woo!), and actually, it is set for about 4 days after Nick is supposed to come home (he got his R&R dates today, woohoo!!!), and we are less than 30 days out!
67% done with the deployment (33% left doesn't seem so bad)
89% to R&R (11% left, woo!), and actually, it is set for about 4 days after Nick is supposed to come home (he got his R&R dates today, woohoo!!!), and we are less than 30 days out!
67% done with the deployment (33% left doesn't seem so bad)
Deployment Goals
- Didn't really have time for most of these, actually. I did a bit more dog training, and they're doing great. The trainer kind of tried to set me up with as much knowledge as possible. It's been interesting being home...both dogs ended up in my bed last night. Ya, I have some work to do.
- I did work out some, and definitely kept up with walking the dogs as much as possible.
- I read Harry Potter 7, but I really want to read Time Traveler's Wife because the movie looks good, and movies are never quiet as good as the books they're based on.
- Barely spent any money...except maybe on a couple dresses for R&R and definitely gas.
- Didn't really have time for most of these, actually. I did a bit more dog training, and they're doing great. The trainer kind of tried to set me up with as much knowledge as possible. It's been interesting being home...both dogs ended up in my bed last night. Ya, I have some work to do.
- I did work out some, and definitely kept up with walking the dogs as much as possible.
- I read Harry Potter 7, but I really want to read Time Traveler's Wife because the movie looks good, and movies are never quiet as good as the books they're based on.
- Barely spent any money...except maybe on a couple dresses for R&R and definitely gas.
Prayer Requests
-That Nick actually makes it home somewhere near his projected R&R date (no sandstorms, please!)
- That we have a great R&R and are able to transition easily to being together again. And that him leaving isn't too painful (because he'll be home not too long after that!)
- That we can get through the last few months without too much stress
- That I find enough to keep me busy/occupied without a job
- Making God the center of our marriage and relationship
-That Nick actually makes it home somewhere near his projected R&R date (no sandstorms, please!)
- That we have a great R&R and are able to transition easily to being together again. And that him leaving isn't too painful (because he'll be home not too long after that!)
- That we can get through the last few months without too much stress
- That I find enough to keep me busy/occupied without a job
- Making God the center of our marriage and relationship
Upcoming Events
- Coffee group for the month of August- anybody have any good/random salad recipes?
- The start of a bible study with the Chaplain's wife (going through the same series the guys are going through in Iraq with the Chaplain!)
- R&R within a MONTH!!!
- The beginning of fall?...or not...I do live in Texas after all
- Coffee group for the month of August- anybody have any good/random salad recipes?
- The start of a bible study with the Chaplain's wife (going through the same series the guys are going through in Iraq with the Chaplain!)
- R&R within a MONTH!!!
- The beginning of fall?...or not...I do live in Texas after all
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
I'm glad you made it back safely! Those melted candles are too funny! It must have been really HOT in your house for those to form new shapes. wow!
That's so great that his R&R is getting really close! I can't believe his r and r is so close to the end of the deployment. M's was about at the half way point (June) and he comes back in NOV. That's great that you won't have to wait too much longer to have him back for good.
So glad you're home safely and Nick is SO CLOSE to being home. Let us know if we can help around the house/ yard any to prepare for his arrival. Glad your house was cool...I put those candles on the plastic thing so they didn't ruin your wood any further! :( Glad you're back. Call me sometime so we can go see a girly movie!
Glad you had a great vacation and got to spend lots of time with your family! And yay for being so close to R&R!!
I don't eat salad but I have made a cheeseburger salad before and it seemed to go over pretty well. If you want the recipe let me know!
Woohoo 8 months down!! Hopefully the time till R&R will fly!
Wow, you've had a crazy month! I'm so excited for you and R&R, it's seriously the best time. :)
Post a Comment