So technically this is only our 2nd Christmas together- unless you count last year, but Nick was gone 2 weeks before actual Christmas. So, we have been thinking a lot about what Christmas traditions to adopt as our own. Here are some of the ones we are thinking of stealing:
- Gifting a pair of PJs on Christmas Eve (which you, of course, wear to open presents the next day)
- Hot cocoa with a candy cane melted inside (and maybe a little Mint Chocolate Baileys)
- Making and decorating a whole lot of really tasty Butter Cookies (and apparently failing horribly with the cookie press)
- Going to see a light display (hopefully there will be ones as cool as he one we saw this year at our future posts)
- Christmas movie marathon- A Christmas Story, Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life, Nightmare Before Christmas
- Pancake breakfast
- Yummy smelling Christmas candles
- Lots and lots of Christmas music
- Opening stockings before presents (of course)
- Disneyland Christmas
Oh and I really liked making stockings, so I'll probably keep that tradition as well for our future children. For now though, I still have to finish both Nick's stocking and mine (which I haven't even started yet). The goal was to get Nick's done in time for our Christmas celebration. But that didn't happen, unfortunately, despite hours and hours of working on it. I'm pretty sure I can get them both done in time for next year though- fingers crossed
What are some of your Christmas traditions?
- Posted from Court's iPhone
021-030/365 with a grateful heart.2026
3 days ago
4 comments:
We need to start some family traditions too! This will be our first Christmas without any family around (last year my Mom was here to celebrate with us and that was the first year we were not with our entire family). I think we will make cookies and candy (should be more fun once Grace can help more!), see Christmas lights (we went to 2 tree lightings this year), and I would love to come up with something for Christmas eve. We always sleep in Christmas PJ's too! What kind of stockings are you making? I made all 3 of us one and it took FOREVER! I started Grace's several months before she was born (I ordered it almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant). I think I will have to do a Christmas blog soon and put pictures of all our decorations up!
I hate the cookie press! Spritz cookies dough is way to tempermental for me!
We try to do Christmas traditons throughout the entire month of December. We always go and pick out the tree and decorate it together. Every year we try and go see a Christmas show of some type, drive around looking at lights...etc. It's such a great time of year!
We always open up one gift on Christmas eve and then we watch movies. We also do the stockings and it's so much fun each year.
Cute! I also want to start the PJ tradition, we also do the pickle in the xmas tree its an ornament that you have to find and you get a gift, probably have cheese/cracker/wine on the night before, I also plan to make stockings, I've been eyeing some cross stitch ones I like. It took me awhile to get the hang of the cookie press but I now master it and it's pretty easy! I'm sure I'm forgetting some things as well, last year we didn't do much since we were getting ready for E to leave a week later.
Post a Comment