Turkey hunting season has officially begun, so Nick woke up bright and early and is out trying to get that turkey. Unfortunately, since I haven't heard from him yet, I don't think he's been successful as of yet. The season lasts until mid-May & he's allowed to get 3 turkeys total, but not more than one per day. So I'm praying he gets one today so that he only has 2 more to get and my Saturdays aren't completely dominated by turkey hunting.
Ya, if you didn't realize it before, he's obsessed. He's already picked out a spot in the office to mount his feathers. And, of course, whether or not he gets one today, he's planning on going out again on Monday as well. Lovely.
I'm trying to be somewhat productive while he's out hunting. I'm about to start putting another coat of paint on our master bathroom since I missed a lot of spots the first time. Thankfully, Nick was nice enough to tape off the bathroom yesterday since he is way more meticulous than I am.
Tomorrow, we're going to the sunrise Easter service at church since it is literally around the corner at the high school near our house (not that our church itself is much further). I wanted to go last year, but I woke up to a massive thunderstorm. This year, it should be absolutely gorgeous. We originally intended to have a bunch of people over, since we thought people might not have plans or might not be going home. But, since it's a 4-day weekend, pretty much everyone we know is home spending the holiday with family. Kind of disappointing, but I think we're going to BBQ a nice tritip and relax. Which is probably a good idea anyway, since we're braving one of the main Easter services to help out in the nursery...after waking up for a sunrise service. Ya, we're crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment