Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Blur

So this past week has been a total blur. I can't believe it's been so long since I updated. I kept meaning to, but by the time I got home, worked out, did chores around the house and took care of my ever-mounting to-do list, Nick was usually home. Which meant we needed to get dinner started, his lunch made for the next day and to get to bed. And then the cycle started all over again the next day.

I'm getting a little more into the routine, although it's obviously still pretty busy around here! It's hard to remember the times I was so terribly bored when Nick was deployed.

Things are going well at the pregnancy center. I have officially learned how to do data entry and we're conquering the massive pile of backed up paperwork, woohoo! I'm definitely the kind of person that likes to see what I'm accomplishing, and that pile of paperwork getting smaller & smaller is definitely satisfying. I also found out that it's common practice to pray for every woman when you put their information into the system, which I thought was really cool. So, no matter what they have decided to do, or if they're even still associated with the center in any way, they get prayed for. So, I feel like I'm doing something already, even indirectly.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous around here this week, after a crazy thunderstorm on Monday. We're getting up into the 70s and the sun feels fabulous! If I had a hammock, I would SO be using it right now. Although a lawn might be nice too. This past weekend, Nick borrowed our neighbor's tiller, and did this to the backyard:

Starting to till the lawn

Becoming lots of dirt

The finished product (and the million bags of fertilizer and seed)

So, now our backyard is pretty much just a giant patch of dirt. We absolutely needed to do this because our lawn was probably about 80% dead, but it's been interesting not having lawn back there. Especially with some of the rain we've been getting. The floors in the house are pretty gross from the dogs traipsing around in dirt. For awhile too, we only took them out in the front yard on leashes, which definitely made me appreciate a fenced yard. Hopefully we can get it fertilized and the seed planted ASAP, although obviously Nick has been busy with work as of yet.

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention..instead of camping last weekend, we ended up making S'mores in the backyard in the fire pit. Definitely a good (and tasty) alternative!

The fire pit!

Snuggles with Rufus

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I agree! The weather this week has been great! Hope your weekend goes well!