Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not So Great

Nick went off bright and early this morning to go scout turkeys again. There are very few things I'd wake up early on a Saturday for, so he is obviously very dedicated to getting that turkey. Which I do appreciate because that hopefully means he won't be spending too many Saturdays actually trying to hunt them (fingers crossed).

Anyway, I slept in and when I woke up, got the dogs on their leashes to go potty in the front yard. I usually am a little bit lazy in the morning and just let them out back. But, our backyard is still pretty much dirt and it's a lot of work to let them out there & have to clean their paws off. So, I thought I'd actually be good and take them outside. Never again. The neighborhood cat decided that our bushes were a great place to hide, and bolted the second we walked out the door. Which then resulted in my dogs attempting to chase it, me slipping on the dewy grass, and being dragged a foot along our front yard, scraping my leg in the process. Such a great start to the morning! I managed to get them (somewhat) under control, but Rufus was absolutely flipping out, so now they're locked in their crates with their breakfast until Nick comes home.

It all just happened so fast. More than being mad about them dragging me, I'm frustrated that I was so powerless that I was dragged. I absolutely hate it when it seems like they're out of control. They've only ever tripped me up once on a walk, which also resulted in a scraped knee, but that was at least a year ago.

I'm mad at the stupid cat too. It just sat across the street and looked at us once I actually composed myself and started reigning the dogs in. Which just made the dogs freak out even more. I don't know why it was even over in our bushes.

Just really not the best start to my day.

The rest of the week was a little busy too. Scout has had a really upset tummy for a few days, which resulted in lots of messes to clean up, and letting him out at 2am to go potty. I ended up taking him to the vet yesterday just to make sure he was ok. Thankfully, nothing major is wrong with him, and you can tell he's already a million times better.

Nick's home now, so we're gonna make a yummy breakfast of fresh bacon, eggs & toast. Mmmmm. That sounds like a much better start to my day.


4 comments:

R.A.B. said...

Hope your day gets better! Sounds like our dog incident awhile back! ACK! Hope your body feels better, too.

Unknown said...

I'd be really frustrated too :( hope your leg feels better! And your day gets/got brighter :)

Jessica said...

oh my. sorry you had such a rough morning. hope the day went better!

corkyshell said...

Yuck, that is a bad start to the day. Hopefully the rest of it improved. We too have a cat in our front yard and our dogs usually whine by the window...

Luckily our girls are just so excited to go outside to walk or rollerblade, they forget all about it.

And I agree with the frustration of feeling out of control. Its happened to all of us!