Wednesday, December 22, 2010

21 Weeks & Happy Birthday

Today is both 21 weeks pregnant and Nick's birthday! I keep joking that he's on the downhill slide to 30 while I'm in my early 20s still, ha ha. Happy Birthday sweetie! We've had an awesome day so far with lots of presents, a movie (True Grit) and we're going out to dinner tonight at a Japanese restaurant. Yum! Our families were extremely generous and Nick got a ton of awesome gifts! I'm pretty proud of the fact that the baby and I conspired to get him a Nerf gun:

I think he's a little excited

Oh so cool

This is the first time we've spent his birthday just the two of us, which is pretty crazy considering we've been together for 7.5 years. But that's kind of what happens when your birthday is really close to Christmas and you're lucky enough to be home for it every year!

Week 21 of pregnancy has been treating me pretty well. My back is starting to hurt a little bit, but otherwise I've been good. The baby is now the size of a carrot & is weighing in at 16 ounces (woo, one pound!) and is about 8 inches long. It is obviously moving around a lot as I've been feeling some good kicks down low whereas it's primarily been on my right side previously. Some developmental highlights this week:

- Eyelashes, eyebrows and eyelids are fully formed
- Sense of touch is developing
- Sense of sight is starting to develop & the baby can perceive light

Here are this week's belly pictures:

21 weeks!


Somehow my belly looks a lot bigger in this picture than the previous one...it's getting bigger!

No comments: