Unfortunately, it took two trips to the post office to get the packages shipped because of extremely long lines at the post office (like 40 minutes) and the fact that I can't carry 5 boxes by myself (we sent some packages to some of Nick's deployed friends as well). And there was some slight frustration with the fact that I bought too big of flat rate boxes. But, the important thing is that they're sent. That was the part that was stressing me out the most, especially since everything was wrapped and ready to go.
We also had a couple of meetings this week about our next post. I think it's pretty much nailed down where we're going, and it was in our top 5, so we're pretty happy about that. We should hopefully be getting orders next week, but it might be January. We should be all set for Nick to get a bunch of schools after he graduates his current school too, woohoo! We were hoping for that so we don't have to move immediately after the baby is born. Unfortunately, our plan to get closer to the West Coast (we're both from California) didn't quite work out, as there weren't any slots west of El Paso, Texas. Oh well. Lame, but like I said, we're happy with where we're (hopefully) going.
We had some fun Christmas-y events too this week. On Sunday, we went and saw the Nutcracker, which was so fun. We've officially decided that any girls we have will be taking ballet. I did when I was little & loved it. I was actually in the Nutcracker when I was 5, although I can't seem to find a picture of it. I was a mouse and it was so much fun!
We also drove with the dogs through a park with Christmas lights and music set up. It was quite impressive! And the boys thoroughly enjoyed it:
Finally, we donned our ugly sweaters and participated in a Christmas scavenger hunt with the youth group at our local church. We ran around Wal-mart and video taped high schoolers singing Christmas songs and asking strangers funny questions.
So, it was a pretty fun week, just really busy, at least way more than normal. Then you added all the normal chores and errands on top of it, and it just equaled exhaustion. Thankfully, Nick is done with school for the holidays, and we don't have much on the agenda, other than his birthday next week and Christmas itself (although I still have all that wrapping to do!). And then a ski trip (don't worry, I'm not skiing!) for a few days closer to New Years. As awesome as it would've been to be home for the holidays, I don't think I would have been able to handle all of the preparations and traveling! A nice, relaxing, low-key Christmas is sounding pretty sweet right about now! I'm just hoping my body cooperates with the sleeping in part. If not, there will be plenty of naps!
4 comments:
I totally sympathize about the post office! I bought some postage online so I could hopefully just drop my packages somewhere, and I was worried I'd still have to stand in line. I didn't, but otherwise I've been avoiding the post office like the plague. Glad you got your stuff shipped, and yay for the weekend!
Rest up, girl!
Don't feel bad, sometimes you just need to let it out. And the post office at this time of year can definitely add to stress!
Sounds like good times- I LOVE the Nutcracker. And I totally have the same plans for any future little girls, I can see the leotards and tutus now!
If you end up in the El Paso area, it's not bad. I'm about an hour out and although Bliss is as confusing as any place I've ever been, it's still nice.
Post a Comment