Monday, January 3, 2011

2011!

I absolutely can't believe it's already 2011! All vacation, it seemed like time was simply slipping away. I would seriously look up at the clock and it would be hours later. Such a weird feeling!

This is going to be a big year, obviously! 2010 was great and all, but I'm excited for a new year. It feels like when I was in college and the new semester was starting. There are new Bible studies starting at church and PWOC and I'm motivated to set goals and start new things. Obviously, things are going to get slightly crazy with the arrival of our little one in May, but what better time to really focus on what's important.

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but Nick and I started some things in the past few months that we're trying to keep up:
- Read through the Bible in a year
- Pray together every day/night (we picked different topics/people for each day)
- Memorize 2 verses of Scripture a week (through the use of the Navigator's book)
- Read our daily devotionals

I'm also just trying to get the house reorganized and refine my cleaning/chores. I even shined my sink today! It's the little things, ha ha. So, here's to a new year!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I've been doing some cleaning, bit by bit, and it feels so good! I'm hoping I can keep it going and hit every part of my apartment, that would feel amazing.

Here's to the new year - and your little one on the way!

Dan said...

2011 is gunna be a GREAT year! So looking forward to welcoming Baby Drake into the world - YEA!

Love-
Dad/PapaDan