Wednesday, January 12, 2011

24 Weeks/6 Months

Today is the 6 month (24 week) mark of pregnancy, woohoo! I can't believe I only have 4 more months, or 16 weeks left- I think the week count seems crazier. I've had a few leg cramps and some random back and rib pain, but otherwise, I'm feeling great. At one point last week, I attempted to jog for about a second and I could really feel the extra weight in my legs trying to get off the ground. And somehow, the belly button is still an innie. I, for one, am shocked, especially since my womb is now the size of a soccer ball!

The baby is now as big as an eggplant- about a foot long and 1 3/4 pounds (up about 4 ounces from last week!). I've had some fun drumming my fingers on my tummy lately and watching little kicks in response. It feels like the baby and I are playing. Before now, I'd have to push on my tummy to get a reaction, so it's pretty cool that it only takes some tapping now. Some developmental milestones this week:

- Capillaries are forming underneath the skin making it more opaque
- Lungs are continuing to develop
- Nostrils are starting to open
- The brain is growing quickly

And here are this week's belly pictures, in which I am sporting my new cute haircut with bangs:

6 months! Crazy!

A little more of a side view

I've realized very few of my pre-pregnancy tops are long enough to fit over the belly, so we've made the official switch to mostly maternity tops. Although I still find the stray pair of jeans that I can still easily button or a really long top. There's just more surface area to cover now.




No comments: