I didn't ski or anything since I definitely would've fallen and hurt myself and/or the baby, but it was still a fun trip. One kid got a concussion and another got a deep bruise on his shoulder (we thought he separated it or something), so it was definitely a little dangerous. Thankfully, they're both totally fine now, but it definitely made things interesting. I spent a lot of time hanging out in the lodge reading and played a couple marathon games of Uno (one lasted about an hour!). Nick did lots and lots of snowboarding and had an awesome time at it too. I think he really enjoyed "twilight" skiing- from 6-10pm.
The youth pastor also did some awesome talks about possessions and God's will. Also, I was amazed at the spiritual maturity level of the girls in my small group. It was a really great trip, although I'll be good if I don't have to have any more fried food for awhile (I don't know how you Southerners do it!). I'm hoping we can keep up our involvement in the youth group, even though I'm more used to hanging out with younger kids. Here are a few pictures:
Even though I missed the belly picture, I'll give you the breakdown of the baby this week. The baby is now as big as a papaya- 1.2 pounds and is between 8-11 inches long. Some developmental milestones:
- The baby will double in weight in the next month alone
- You can now hear the heartbeat through a stethoscope instead of a doppler
- Blood vessels are developing underneath the skin
- The pancreas is developing
I'm doing pretty well. Still some back pain, but otherwise still feeling great! I'm absolutely mesmerized by my belly button which has almost popped! It was a very deep innie before, so it is so weird to see it's transformation. Once it does pop, I'll have to post a picture of the before and after because it's pretty dramatic!
No comments:
Post a Comment