I'm still feeling pretty good, but I'm definitely feeling uncomfortable at times. My sciatic nerve is acting up a bit, and of course, I get the regular backaches of pregnancy. I've also definitely been nesting, since it's really hitting home how soon the little one will be here. So far, I've proceeded to organize our hall closet and do an inventory of our baby clothes. I also want to move around the stuff in our kitchen cupboards. Nick thinks I'm baby crazy, ha ha. This long weekend is going to be major nesting weekend, as we're getting some furniture for the baby and hopefully moving boxes out of the future nursery. I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the stuff we still have to get for Baby D, but I've been finding some sweet deals online and we're going to go through what's left on our registry and try to prioritize what we need when.
The baby is continuing to be a little kicker (shocking, I know). And the little one is really enjoying floating and kicking up near my ribs or hanging out on my bladder. So much fun! Baby D is now the size of a butternut squash- 17 inches long and 3.1 pounds. Some developmental milestones this week (not a whole lot, mostly it's just getting bigger):
- Grooves and indentations forming in the brain
- Increased amount of brain tissue
- Bone marrow now producing red blood cells
- Lanugo (soft, downy hair on the body) is disappearing
- Bones soaking up 250 milligrams of calcium per day for the hardening of the skeleton
Here is this week's belly picture:
Check out the angles on my belly- not sure if it's just the baby or if my belly is just not round anymore
No comments:
Post a Comment