Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Trip to California Day 1

Oh man, life has been so busy lately! Along with the parenting class we just started, we've been going to youth group, our Bible study through church, Nick started a bible study with youth group boys, and I have the 2 other Bible studies I'm a part of. Phew! It was a bit crazy to jump back into, but thankfully, due to lots of naps, I am finally back into the routine.

So, I am finally getting around to talking about my trip to California! I had a really good time, despite all of the travel difficulties. I have never had so many problems flying before. I'm just so glad I wasn't more pregnant! On the way out there, my first flight got canceled due to mechanical difficulties. So, I ended up flying through one extra airport and getting in about 5 hours after I was supposed to. Good times. The way back was way worse though. Due to the crazy weather in Dallas, my flight was canceled/rescheduled FOUR times! And I was delayed over one full day. I'm just glad Dallas has a USO because I took full advantage of it both to & from Georgia! I loooove the USO! They are seriously so good to the troops & us "dependents". It is much appreciated!

So as usual, I totally neglected to take pictures because everyone else is just so much better at it. This is the only picture I took on my camera:

My nephew Danny & I making silly faces

Although Danny did take these:

My dad is quite surprised


Danny is quite the budding photographer

Baby belly!

So, I will be stealing pictures from my best friend Alice (who flew out from Texas for the weekend!) or linking to my sister's blog because she put a bunch of pictures from the weekend on it. So anyway, we'll start with day one! On my first full day home in California, Alice & I toured around L.A. taking in the sights. Of course, we had to start off at the most essential California place:

In-n-Out Burger, of course!

Alice enjoying her first taste of deliciousness

Then, we visited my alma mater:

Ya, I didn't quite look like a college student anymore

Alice enjoying the sweet view


Then, we hit up:
Checking out Rodeo Drive and all that good stuff

And:

Hooray for Hollywood!

Where we saw:

Grauman's Chinese Theater and a bunch of crazy impersonators

The Kodak Theatre and the Walk of Fame

And then ate at:
Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles, yum! This was my first time and I was pleasantly surprised

Then, we met up with my sister and her kids at the beach where she took some amazing pregnancy photos for me!

The photographer in action


Here is a wonderful sampling of the beautiful pictures she took. We then got to eat dinner at her house and enjoy some quality time with the niece and nephews before heading back to my parent's house and seeing the rest of my family as well as my mother-in-law & sisters-in-law! So that was day one! Hopefully Day 2 will be coming soon!


No comments: