Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2 Years Ago Today....

2 years ago today, Nick and I got married!!! I can't believe it was that long ago! Here are a few pictures from that lovely day:








Oh, it was a gorgeous day! I don't know that I could have asked for anything more. I just watched our wedding video, and all of those little details I had forgotten about just came back to me. I cried through half of it, but the other half was filled with laughter and smiles. I can't believe that was 2 years ago!!! Watching that video, everything else just melted away.

Obviously, I wish I was spending my anniversary differently (the dogs are good company, but I can think of better company), but I got to talk to my husband, know people were thinking of me (thanks for the cards and messages!!!), got some love from the kids at school and I got these beautiful flowers:




Sigh. Not too shabby. And although we are a world apart, I know we love each other and the future holds many more anniversaries which we will get to spend together. And I can't help but smile when I think about that day...



7 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

R.A.B. said...

I totally watched our wedding video then, too...and just BAWLED. What day next week works for a pool date??? I'm ready for NO kids!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I love all those pictures! Happy Anniversary! Just think next year you'll get to spend it together!

Kpod said...

Your wedding looks beautiful from the pictures. You are so lucky to have a wedding video. That is truly my biggest regret from our wedding, not hiring a videographer...the thought never occured to me. Darnit!

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary... sorry you couldn't spend it with Nick, but you know he loves you and was thinking of you.

I always love looking at your wedding pictures... it's what I wanted before we decided to do an indoor ceremony...

megan said...

Oh I'm a little late but Happy Anniversary!

The beach wedding looks like it was WONDERFUL!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Love those pictures! Happy Anniversary to you guys!