Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Week of School

Today was the official last day of school for the kids! Unfortunately, I have to go in tomorrow for 4 hours. On a Saturday, ew. Can't say I'm very excited about that. And it looks like most of the teachers have things under control (I had to pretty much look for stuff to do today), so I'm not totally sure how I'm going to fill up the 4 hours tomorrow! So close!!! Needless to say, I'm eager to get on with summer already! But I'm almost there!!!!

Anyway, this last week was great! On Tuesday, I got an award from one of my favorite classes- Best Aide! On Wednesday, we had an all-school parade around the neighborhood, which was really fun! On Thursday, I got to watch a really cute puppet show by one of the third grade classes. Then, today was just fun chaos. Pretty much all the classes played games and just had fun and signed each other's shirts and yearbooks. I felt like a celebrity with all the stuff I signed!

It was sad saying goodbye to all of my babies- thankfully not too many were moving, which is surprising for an Army town! I'm definitely going to miss them this summer!

I also got two really sweet cards and a gift from a couple of classes! I really feel appreciated and loved at that school. Although I'm definitely ready for a break, it'll be great to get back to them this fall.

In other exciting news, Rufus decided to bring a (thankfully tiny & dead) snake inside the house! I managed to grab the broom and sweep it outside & then HE BROUGHT IT BACK IN!!! Ahhhhhhhh! At that point, I had a total girlie moment and ran outside with the heebie jeebies. Thankfully, he listened to me (he's a smartie) and brought it back outside, where I think he ate it. Ew. Definitely no kisses for awhile. I'm just glad he brought it back outside, otherwise I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight! My father-in-law is visiting this weekend though, so if it happens again, he can take care of it, ha ha! I don't think I'll be able to go in the backyard barefoot or at night for awhile though....definitely another ew moment!


1 comment:

corkyshell said...

Hahaha..I am sorry I have to laugh about the snake. Mostly because Daisy brought a dead bird inside and hid with it underneath my bed at 1am. Ahhh, gotta love our pups :)