My 4 hour workday on Saturday was fine. I had to really seek out stuff to do and ended up taking a nap afterwards. It ended up taking me like 2 days to recover after that. Waking up at 6am on a Saturday should be illegal!
Anyway, the rest of the weekend was good. My father-in-law came to visit and fixed stuff around the house for me, and set the house up for when I'm gone (light timers, etc). He was awesome! He even hung up pictures for me. The two major things he did:
I think it looks pretty sweet now, and when it rains, the metal roof will sound cool
Put Nick's beloved Bronco on jacks
This will help the wear & tear on the tires since it's just sitting while Nick's gone (because I'm too short to drive it & it won't start at the moment)Yay yay yay! The dogs absolutely adored him too. They were soooo good & quiet (well, mostly) and just loved having somebody around all the time (they've been much better with me being home all the time too).
But ya, otherwise I've just been lounging around, taking naps, getting random stuff done and ready for my roadtrip next week (I can't believe its so soon!!!). I'm trying to relax as much as possible now because I know it will be a whirlwind of babies, toddlers and family when I'm home! I can't wait though. And I'm trying to be as social as possible too, now that I actually have free time! So far this week includes bible study, a movie night, a sushi dinner, and a pool day! Did I mention I love summer?!

But ya, otherwise I've just been lounging around, taking naps, getting random stuff done and ready for my roadtrip next week (I can't believe its so soon!!!). I'm trying to relax as much as possible now because I know it will be a whirlwind of babies, toddlers and family when I'm home! I can't wait though. And I'm trying to be as social as possible too, now that I actually have free time! So far this week includes bible study, a movie night, a sushi dinner, and a pool day! Did I mention I love summer?!


2 comments:
The 3 best things about teaching- June, July, and August!
I'm so jealous that you have a tin roof over your patio. Those things are amazing on summer nights when it's raining.
I'm glad things are going well and your enjoying your break!
Post a Comment