- I finally made it to the end of the school year! The last week was a little tough because I was really unmotivated and ready for summer. But I made it! There were some fun events in the last couple weeks like Field Day and a Parade. As much as I'll miss my kids, I'm very excited for a break!
- Had another "coffee"- this one was a BBQ. I had lots of fun just hanging out and chatting with the ladies from my unit and was bummed I had to leave early. I also ended up going to Relay for Life that night, which is a walk for cancer research. I was there for about an hour, and it was a really powerful experience.
- I found a stray dog wandering around my neighborhood and managed to keep it in a crate in my garage for about 2 days before Animal Control picked it up. She was really cute and I hope she found her owners!
- The same weekend, Rufus ended up hurting his paw, which turned into a trip to the vet where he was sedated and got all bandaged up. Also that day, Scout decided to eat a frog and ended up regretting that decision immensely. I think I will be ready for kids when we have them after having to baby my dogs so much, ha ha! In other dog drama, Rufus decided to kill a snake and bring it inside the house...TWICE. Gross!!!
- I also started a Bible study with my friends Rachel and Alice, that I'm totally loving so far! We've gone through 3 chapters of the book Bad Girls of the Bible and What We Can Learn From Them. We have a really good group dynamic and I'm loving the fellowship and different perspectives we all bring.
- Nick and I celebrated our 2 year Wedding Anniversary on June 2nd. I can't believe it was 2 years ago! It wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend an anniversary, but it turned out alright.
- Got Nick's truck fixed, FINALLY! Unfortunately, it is still sitting in front of my house. I swear, I have tried every means of selling it, but no one wants to buy it. I actually had a test drive yesterday, but it turned out to be pretty much a waste of time.
- I've been enjoying my summer break and have already gone to the pool twice! Not a bad life...
Unfortunately I have been forced to endure the hot weather more than normal, as my A/C has been broken for over a week. It gives me an excuse to pretty much live in my bathing suit though! I've also been napping and relaxing as much as possible.
- Had a great visit from my father-in-law. He is awesome and fixed a million little things around the house. Don't know what I would've done without him!
- I'm anxious to get home to California because there has been a lot of drama going on! My grampa got moved to a nursing home, my gramma broke her hip (and is recovering really well thankfully), and my sister was in the hospital for 40 days before delivering my new nephew, Luke, on her birthday, June 13th. Phew!
Countdowns: 50% done with the deployment (woooo!)
67% of the way to R&R!!!
- Although both might be a little sooner than expected!
Deployment Goals
Get in shape- Still doing well with working out and walking the dogs. It was a little difficult without A/C though. I also heard the new EA Sports Active game, which sounds really interesting.
Cook 2 new meals per month: This month, I cooked a Hawaiian style brisket and Guava Chicken. Both were reallllllly good! I got them from a Hawaiian cookbook Nick & I picked up on our honeymoon if anyone is interested. Nick was born on Guam, and lived there for a few years, so he's been very influenced by that and I thought he'd like these meals when he comes home. I joke that he likes to think he's Pacific islander, even though he's really Scottish and Irish (a.k.a. unable to tan). I'm not complaining though. This food is yummy!
Church- We had our last Heroes at Home group last Sunday. It was kind of sad, but I feel like I got a lot out of it. And it is kind of nice to only go to one service, except once a month when I work in the nursery.
Read a new book every month- Still reading the Harry Potters again. I'm almost done with the 4th one now.
Work on the House- I think my father-in-law's visit definitely falls under this category. I also cleaned up my closet and put a bunch of clothes in a box to donate.
Budget- Managed to stick to the budget fairly well, except for the unexpected truck and vet expenses. Thankfully we've already saved a bunch of money, so we weren't hit too hard.
Dog Training- I've actually been watching a lot of the Dog Whisperer lately, and we're making some progress.
Get in shape- Still doing well with working out and walking the dogs. It was a little difficult without A/C though. I also heard the new EA Sports Active game, which sounds really interesting.
Cook 2 new meals per month: This month, I cooked a Hawaiian style brisket and Guava Chicken. Both were reallllllly good! I got them from a Hawaiian cookbook Nick & I picked up on our honeymoon if anyone is interested. Nick was born on Guam, and lived there for a few years, so he's been very influenced by that and I thought he'd like these meals when he comes home. I joke that he likes to think he's Pacific islander, even though he's really Scottish and Irish (a.k.a. unable to tan). I'm not complaining though. This food is yummy!
Church- We had our last Heroes at Home group last Sunday. It was kind of sad, but I feel like I got a lot out of it. And it is kind of nice to only go to one service, except once a month when I work in the nursery.
Read a new book every month- Still reading the Harry Potters again. I'm almost done with the 4th one now.
Work on the House- I think my father-in-law's visit definitely falls under this category. I also cleaned up my closet and put a bunch of clothes in a box to donate.
Budget- Managed to stick to the budget fairly well, except for the unexpected truck and vet expenses. Thankfully we've already saved a bunch of money, so we weren't hit too hard.
Dog Training- I've actually been watching a lot of the Dog Whisperer lately, and we're making some progress.
Prayer Requests
- My family still needs a lot of prayers between my grampa, gramma & new nephew Luke
- That everything goes smoothly leading up to and during my roadtrip home
- Joy in all circumstances (even when my A/C is broken and it is 94 degrees in my house!)
- As always, Nick's safety and the safety of his platoon
- That we would grow stronger during this deployment, both individually and in our marriage
- That time would go a little bit faster now that we are on the downward slope of this deployment
- My family still needs a lot of prayers between my grampa, gramma & new nephew Luke
- That everything goes smoothly leading up to and during my roadtrip home
- Joy in all circumstances (even when my A/C is broken and it is 94 degrees in my house!)
- As always, Nick's safety and the safety of his platoon
- That we would grow stronger during this deployment, both individually and in our marriage
- That time would go a little bit faster now that we are on the downward slope of this deployment
Upcoming Events
- My trip home to California for 6 weeks!
1 comment:
That's so great that your at least 50% done!!!!
Post a Comment