Yesterday I left my parent's house at noon and got to my in-laws at around 6pm. Ya, the drive is supposed to be about 4 hours, and I had the dogs with me, poor babies. When we stopped at the rest stop, Scout sat down on the pavement and pretty much refused to get back in the car. Somehow I got his 70 pound body back in the car, and we made it not too long after that. I know we were all glad to get here and relax.
They're totally loving it at my in-law's house. I know they're itching to explore the 11 acres, but they haven't been off their leash outside yet (no fence). They really don't know what to do with the horse and the chickens, other than barking. Rufus growled at the roosters for a good long while this morning. But we're having a great time! They totally love all of the attention from my sisters-in-law especially.
1 comment:
E's parents only have like 3 acres with 3 streams running through it and we were nervous what the dogs would do since they are use to fenced it or leash- although when they were puppies they had 3 acres where we rented but it had been almost a year since that! Anyways I was so nervous they would take off- and they didn't at all. They explored but as soon as they couldn't see us they'd come racing around the corner. On the day day they started exploring and hanging out in the stream more but if we called them they'd come running right back! I say give it a shot!
Post a Comment